Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run bel-ray 20w50 "thumper" synthetic blend, what about you guys and, what do you think about my choice?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Amsoil in everything for me, have used Amsoil since the late 80's without any oil related problems.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
sparky yfz said:
Kendal GT-1 10-30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont go for the snake oil thing
What is this snake oil you speak of brotha' ??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yamalube 20/40 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
517 Posts
sparky yfz said:
Kendal GT-1 10-30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont go for the snake oil thing
GREAT oil for cars!! Have you noticed they are switcing teh GT-1 to a blend also? Makes me wonder if it alwase was?....hummm,,,,?

From what I have been told by mechanics is that the additives that are needed for a 4stroke with a wet clutch system are not found in conventinal motor oil. so they (bike and automotive mech's) along with the cycle shops HIGHLY recomend not to use std. automotive oil.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stil tryin to find an opinion on the 20w50 blend im runnin right now, my guy at the shop said it would be ideal if i run hard (which i like to think i do) he isnt a dealer , just a "mom and pop" so i hope hes not tryin to set me up for repairs with a bad recomendation !!!
BEL RAY THUMPER 20W50 for 4 stroke

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anybody use the Valvoline 4-stroke stuff available at Schuck's and everywhere? I talked to a guy that was supposedly told by a dealership that Valvoline makes oil for Yamaha. You know how that goes, but seriously...anyone run the stuff? I ran it in my Vmax m/c when I had it with no problems.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, I run the Valvoline ATV 10w-40. I can get it at the auto parts store and its only $3 and some change a quart. I like it and been using it for some time now. I got turned off on synthetics after my clutch started slipping (on my 400EX).

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am running Yamalube 20W-40. That is what the manual said to use and it is also what the dealer said to use. You can use a normal 10W-40 but you need to make sure that it is ok to use for a wet clutch. If it is not, then your clutch is going to start slipping.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts