Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up the rappy from having the 1st service done, and wow they do alot more then i thought, i thought it was just a couple things and done, but its a pretty big list :lol:

2 things i never knew they did, was

1. Drain and Remove Fuel Tank

2. replace spark plug (with NGK plug)

did they do those for you guys as well.

Anyways, any oher advice to keep up on after the 1st service?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Tank off? why?

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
did they have to adjust the valves or were they still in spec? ive got 30 or more hours on mine never been to dealer yet. do my own oil and chain adjustments. warrenty is out. still runs like new.!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
You dont have to drain and remove the tank to get to the rocker box. You take the four bolts that hold it on out, unplug the fuel pump, then lift it up and rotate the tank off and rest it on a stool or something. There is enough fuel hose to just lay it to the side. The fuel pump is located on the top side so even if you disconnect the tank you dont need to drain it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
double d 1 said:
did they have to adjust the valves or were they still in spec? ive got 30 or more hours on mine never been to dealer yet. do my own oil and chain adjustments. warrenty is out. still runs like new.!!!
Im with you, just hammer it and let it fly. I may check mine next season. :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
oli700 said:
Mine were scary tight after 15hrs

That is weird, with a roller set up like the 700 has they should get looser with wear not tighter. They must have set yours tight from the factory. I have 200 hrs on mine and after the initial adjustment they stay dead nuts on where I set them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I bought mine the tech that went over the bike with me told me that they don't get out of whack very often. He said I would hear the motor ticking when it was time to get it adjusted.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Strange, I just did mine at 20hrs and the were tight as well. :3question:

·
Registered
899 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
oli700 said:
Mine were scary tight after 15hrs

That is weird, with a roller set up like the 700 has they should get looser with wear not tighter. They must have set yours tight from the factory. I have 200 hrs on mine and after the initial adjustment they stay dead nuts on where I set them.
Maybe so…..they have been fine after that…point being they should be checked just to make sure

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry for the late reply, been a hectic couple of days.

anyways yea if i remeber right, the valves need adjusting. and my drive chain was really loose it said

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.