Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 660 hood from a guy on here which i wont say his name yet, but i asked questions befor i bought it, he said it was mint nothing wrong with it.....i told him my intentions with the hood was to send it to BandNdesings to get painted so i need a good hood....so i had him just send it to brandon at BandN so i didnt have to double ship it..well i just got the hood today from brandon all painted nice but hold on.....there are 3 halfassed drilled holes in the top of the hood were someone put indacator lights it the hood, the guy never told me they were there...man i was bummed....so i PM the seller asking him how come he couldnt tell me about the holes beor i bought it, to me this is not mint hood...i got a response form him..here it is....

that hood was mint the holes in the hood are stock they are the Yamaha Raptor 660 Front Grill Hood w/ Indicator Lights hood.. 2001...you never ask me what year the hood the raptor was sorry dude but that hood was mint ..and like i sais the holes were driled from the factory for the indicator lights check any hood that year they all have the holes in them .i would never thy to f**k any body and i stand by that.

man im furious to spend that kinda money and get a shit hood out of the deal, and brandon thougt i knew the holes were there or he would have mentioned it....so will some people please tell him that NO 660 HOOD CAME FACTORY WITH THE INDACATOR LIGHTS IN THE HOOD....that they only came n the dash peice on the bars

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
dude that sucks, that pisses me off just reading that, i hate it when people dont tell you sh*t like that, man if i was you id send back to the guy and tell him to shove it up his a** because he doesnt know anything about the raptor, the lights are mounted from factory on the dash thing from all 5 years it was made.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
id like to send it back to him but it would be a pretty expensive ass toy for me to just give it to him to use annaly...LMAO....heres a pic of the hood painted and with the holes in it...i did stew on it some and came up with a way to save the hoods looks...im going to buy some of those chrome spike bolts they put on harleys and use them to cover/fill the holes...i tink it will look ok

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
hahahahahaha yeah that guy might like a new anal toy just a lil too much, anyways i hope them spikes will fix it, otherwise its a nice paint job. does that guy belong to the forum by and chance?

·
Registered
330 Posts
whoops i worded that wrong. the guy who sold the hood to you does he belong to this forum? i know the guy from B&N Designs hangs out here, i forget his forum name though, but B&N does some awesome work.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought my 660 new with every piece of aftermarket gytr that they offered at the time for my 01 raptor and my hood has no holes so sounds like he's trying to cover up a mistake or doesn't know what he's talking about

·
Registered
287 Posts
well i know how nice it is to rip on ppl and blow off some steem but mybe he bought it used and he was told the holes were stock...and dont get me wrong i would just as pissed as you...faulse sales are BS.
the spikes are a good idea sounds like something i would do
thats a wicked paint job dude. what did you pay for that?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i know how nice it is to rip on ppl and blow off some steem but mybe he bought it used and he was told the holes were stock...and dont get me wrong i would just as pissed as you...faulse sales are BS.
the spikes are a good idea sounds like something i would do
thats a wicked paint job dude. what did you pay for that?

i got about 150.00 wrapped up in everything....and another 25.00 coming out of pocke for the spikes

·
Registered
80 Posts
hood

I bought my 660 new with every piece of aftermarket gytr that they offered at the time for my 01 raptor and my hood has no holes so sounds like he's trying to cover up a mistake or doesn't know what he's talking about
im not covering up shit i sent him pics of the hood with the lights in it and he still bought it!and yes i dont no crap about a raptor i got the raptor at a swap meet with the hood already with the lights in it. it is my first raptor and i parted it out..i have sold the whole quad and he is my only complaint ...... and i only sold it to him for $20.00 shiped....if he was not so cheap and had it shiped to his house first he could have sent it back for a full refund....and again like i said he saw the pics befor he bought it....and no this is the only fourm im on..i am truly sorry for his mistake of site!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not covering up shit i sent him pics of the hood with the lights in it and he still bought it!and yes i dont no crap about a raptor i got the raptor at a swap meet with the hood already with the lights in it. it is my first raptor and i parted it out..i have sold the whole quad and he is my only complaint ...... and i only sold it to him for $20.00 shiped....if he was not so cheap and had it shiped to his house first he could have sent it back for a full refund....and again like i said he saw the pics befor he bought it....and no this is the only fourm im on..i am truly sorry for his mistake of site!

EXCUSE ME BUDDY, you did not send me pics of the hood, i took your word that the thing was mint like you said....you showed me no god damed pictures, then it took you 2 weeks it send it out...and you gave me excuse after excuse....dont go saying shit that aint true...i left your name out of it, i just wanted to prove to you they dont make the hood with indacator lights and you just keep beleiving your own lies.....and it dosnt matter how much you sold it to me....you said it was mint and i expected mint, and i dont any big deal in you just sending the hood to the painter instead of to me then to the painter....and it was 25.00 dick

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dosnt matter the price....he said mint,,,he knew my intentions....and i took mint shape, as mint shape....WHAT EVER IM DONE.....its over, i got what i wanted when i started this thraed, i didnt want my money back or nothing, just wanted him to know the hood was not stock like he insisted it was.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
i hear ya tho ive been in your boat before, becas of sitiuation like this i dont do ebay any more or craigslist or any thing like that.

hood looks really good with the paint, look good with the white to.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hate it when people take God's name in vain, but any way, the spikes are a good idea, or, the indicators may be a good look to get rid of the dash panel.Could be a blessing in disguise. Killer paint, will look good on the bike.And,(not that it matters now) my 01 has no holes in the hood.Maybe it's a lesson for everyone. E-bay has risks.Now, play nice(lol).

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Boo

This SUCKS.

Hmmmmm ? I highly doubt WRM would've bought this hood knowing it had holes considering his intentions. His indicator lights have been mounted in his fender for a while... So where do you get off getting pissed about him calling you out on the holes and sit there and try and argue they're stock if you admit don't know JACK about it ?

I bet dude woulda been just fine if you would have just said you'd thought they were stock, as that's what you were told, from the beginning, and apologized. :banghead: Even if you were lying your ass off at the time.

CHEAP ? Are you seriously gonna sit there and call someone cheap who has well over $100 wrapped up into their HOOD ?! Please. I woulda had it shipped straight there too... why not on a piece that's supposed to be 'mint' ?

This sucks.

PS... those look like cheap wheels on there too... you frugal bastard Wild... :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts