Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My biggest question is since I have the GYTR footwells are the ones that are separate from the heelgaurds as good. OR Is it worth taking the GYTR footwells off and getting the nerfs with the heel gaurds built in. Cost not being the issue please tell me the best ones to get as far as durability. I am leaning towards GYTR, Pro armor, AC, or PRM. Please help with info on any nerfs. Thanks

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have Pro Armors with the gytr heel guards. They fit perfect and are very durable. I also like that the nets attach to the frame to keep your feet from slipping between there.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
My AC's have held up very well and I prefer the Pro-peg style over seperate nerfs and heel guards. I dont know that its a better set-up but more personal preference so it just depends on if you like the GYTR heel guards or not. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: OK little help here as far as nerfs go......I am starting to think I better

I went with the Tusk's but ended up having to notch my skidplate (pro armor). If you dont want to have to do this make sure the nerfs go past the oil tank. I think the Tusks are great especially for the price. I paid $110.00 and they mold to the stock footwells great. The nets don't attach to the frame of the quad but if you wear riding boots it is nicer this way IMO.

If you do decide to get ones with footwells/pegs, bring your old ones up next time you come to P-burg. I know someone who is interested in them :grin_nod:

·
Registered
44 Posts

i have the ac blackline pro-peg full nerfs, and i love them. but on sunday a banshee t-boned me pretty hard and slightly bent the left side up. im trying to figure out how to bend it back down without breaking or kinking it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does all the above nerf bar owners mount with u=bolts or mount to the engine. Have you had any problems with the u-bolt type mount...I asked in a new post for some feedback..so I thought I would ask you people also......I am leaning towards the AC's with no footwells, just stock...I am just a recreational old man that likes to play in the woods, no motocross, or anything to risky..I dont heal well anymore....

·
Registered
44 Posts

mine mount to the footpeg mounts and to one of the bolts on each side on the engine brace at the front

they werent very easy to put on, but they're solid, they dont even flex from jumping on them. as long as you dont get hit by another quad i guess haha.

·
Registered
665 Posts

i got the ac blacklines they are chipping , and thay are tough to put on IMO i woulda got the pro armor if i had the choice again

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

I'm going to go with the 'safe bet' GYTRs.

Judging by the pics, people weren't kidding, the Pro-Armor ones do look just like the GYTR ones.

Shawn

·
Registered
41 Posts
ME PERSONALLY, I WOULD GO WITH THE IMS HEEL, PEG, NERF SETUP . A LITTLE PRICEY BUT GOOD QUALITY

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
One key issue here, Is when straping up the nets, do not over tighten the straping in under the shifter. If you do, you wil have an issue when the straping is dry, shifting become difficult at best...spacing is tightened due to the netting being to taunt under the shifter.

If that netting is to taunt, when it gets wet it will relax.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The pro armors mount to the foot pegs and bolt through the frame in front of the engine. Very easy and solid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts