Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my next mod I am going to put a Fricken Laser beam on my quad. Cmon people throw me a fricken bone here would ya. Had to do it. Just drinkin a beer and watching Austin Powers and had to Say something.

·
Registered
815 Posts
hey man - how do you like your "precision stabilizer" ? ? I am thinking about getting one.....
I cant decided whether to get the stabilizer first OR send my shocks to OHLINS and have them redo them.... and if i do that i cant decide whether to do just the rear, or do the fronts also.... i have the YFZ shocks on front... they just seem super stiff....

Plattner

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I am pretty impressed. Last weekend was the first ride and I definately could tell a good difference in the really rough trails we have locally. I have't messed with the settings since the day I put it on. I set it for XC which I beleive is close to max stiffness. We will see after my trip to upstate PA at the end of april. I am probabaly going to do the TCS rebuild of all my shocks after that. I wiould do all the shock at the same time so you can have the right setup. Any info on TCS? Good or Bad?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ok... i dont have any hard info on TCS.... i started checking prices btwn OHLINS and TCS... and OHLINS is cheaper.... and they seem to know their shit.... i have heard a couple guys say that they werent real happy with TCS.... although i have no personal experience.... this is just hear say....
- - But OHLINS has been around for a LONG time... so i am going to go with them.... they garentee their re-builds... if you arnt happy with what they do - you can send it back to them, and they will re-do your shocks as many times as it takes to get the shocsk to your PERFECT standards..... AND they will pay for the shipping if you arnt happy with the re-build...

Plattner

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hot liquid Magma to be exact.

Yeah Plat I am considering all companies just trying to pick up as much info as possible. I beleive TCS gaurantees theirs as well. I want their race rebuilds, Zero preload to drop my center of gravity. I may start racing in XC / harescramble type terrain. But I do know OHlins have been around the block. I'll have to price them out next. I thought they would be more expensive. I got a pretty cheap quote from KB for the TCS rebuilds. Hey how much of a difference was going to the duals I am still pondering it. I want to do the suspension first.

·
Registered
815 Posts
yea i understand doing the suspension first.... DEFINANTLY switch to duals when you get a chance.... My Barkers should be in next week, so i will keep you informed on whether i like them or my LTE's better.... but i had the full GYTR exhuast first... then i got the LTE;s and now i am getting the Barkers.... going from the GYTR to the LTe's was a BIG difference.... honestly it was.... especially if you are going to do engine mods.... with the engine mods is when the DUALs really stand out in my mind...
- - So do you suggest doing my suspension before stabilizer ? ? or stabilizer first ? ? also if you dont mind me asking - how much did you pay for your stabilizer ? and where did you buy it ? you can PM me those answers if you would like..

Thanks
Plattner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts