Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
e Picked up an 2001 660r for cheap, Extended swing arm, cut fenders front and back, no head lamps, came with extra set of paddle tires. I bought it at night and couldn't ride but it ran nice and looked solid enough for a noob. They were selling it as an 2004 but I looked up the vin and found out it was an 01. Had a dispute with the seller who found the title and gave me some $ off for my trouble. I later found that left side case had been JB welded when I through the chain and it popped off the repair -spraying my leg with oil. I replaced the left side case, chain and sprockets, case saver, chain guide and rollers The Previous owner had warned me about second gear and I found out that it was indeed bad. I decided to tear it down, I found the swing arm bolt seized and broken, pivot bushing hammered. It took a few days to get the engine out. When I split the case it was a mess in there. I received my parts and just got the two sides back together. I cant wait to get it going but what a learning experience. Trial by fire :-0

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts