Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold the 13 today. Thing had some internal mods that were giving it awesome power but terrible gas mileage. We ride the whole tank and my grandson didn't want to carry fuel every ride so it had to go. $8500 was not a bad price and I kept the full set of new paddles it came with. So now I am on the hunt for another. Would like to find a 19 or 20 but would go back as far as a 18. Called dealers in southern Cali, since they are the only ones on the west coast that have any, and they are all 13k plus. That is just not realistic so used it will be. Luckily I do have a spare so it isn't urgent to replace. Want to spend 9-10k and another grand for mods. Gonna go ahead and order the nerf bars, six pack rack, front bumper. Will wait on the big 3 just incase what I find already has them.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Would LOVE to have one but I haven't found anything close and am looking to buy the lowest hour one I can find. Just worked out the deal on the 20 today. Rode once, less than 1 gallon used. $9700. A retired guy bought it who had never owned a quad before and he decided it wasn't for him. Going to pick it up next Thursday. It's a 10 hour round trip, which sucks, but don't think I"m gonna find one with less time no matter how long I look. It's the yellow blue ;)Only bummer is it has the plastic front bumper and heel gaurds. Could have got 2-300 for the steel ones. Some dealers just suck!

Now I'll have a 18,19, 20. Already ordered the nerf bars, bumper, six pack rack. Going to pick up the rack bag tomorrow. Gonna probably order the monster tip, seat cover, programmer and K&N tonight. Prices are getting seriously crazy here...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
That's the color my '20 se 700 was when I got it.
Wait until you see how bright that yellow/green is in person, lol, seriously.

I've seen a '19 se red in person too, and hate to admit, but it looks great, a very liquid shine in the sun.
Classic 4wheeler red.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the red I'm using for my 18, just with the white front fenders. That is if the rear fender ever comes off back order.

·
Super Moderator
8,935 Posts
I have been using the ugly stick bag I bought for fishing, going to have to get another for the Raptor, lol. Those are really great bags for the money.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For $30 you won't find a better one or one even close to it. Well Pro Pegs, Sixpack rack and Monster tip should be here tomorrow. So glad I found out about the Monster tip on here, best $70 you can spend. Gives the same performance as a slip on for hundreds less and when you have three to outfit it really helps. Gonna order the K&N tonight and am still trying to find a deal on a PCFC. Paid $200 for one for my 18 just a few months ago now I can't find one for under $250. No hurry want to run a couple of tanks through it before I Do the "Small Three" :) Seat and shock cover are coming from Florida and seems people down there are never in a hurry to get your stuff to you so maybe next week sometime. If the stuff wasn't so good I would buy from somewhere closer plus all mine have to match ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
More stuff coming daily, couple more days and I'll have something to put it on! Need to hurry think wife is getting concerned on how big the pile of boxes in the closet is getting...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took 11 hours but got it home and spent a couple hours making it spotless clean. Got to give it it's first bath. It is in new condition, no scuffs/chips anywhere. Rear axle and hubs are spotless, this is where I look to get a good idea how many hours a quad has, looks like new from front to rear :) Guy said he rode it for less than 2 hours and it looks like it, still has the nipples on the tires. Will spend tomorrow putting on all the bling I have got so far. Gonna take it out on Saturday, almost too nice to get dirty...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts