Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new on this forum i go on ATVfan.com but im just wonder in if i take this baffle out will it ruin anything :help:(its circled in yellow)...i have a 07 raptor 350

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Most likely just taking the baffle out wont hurt you, but you should always check your jetting when doing any mod no matter how small. Now if you remove your airbox lid or something else along with the SA you will probally need to rejet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cause my brother did it to his YFZ it sounds sick but im going to do it after he takes it on a full ride to see if anything messes up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
taking the spark arrester out wont do any dammage. it will be alot louder. check your plug color after a days riding to see if its to lean (white). if its still black then you good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
take the spark arrester off and cut everything off but leave 1" dia. pipe by 1" past the end on, and about 1 ft. into the muffler ther is a thin baffle cut that out and then jet the carb. start with 4 turns out on air screw and raise needle 1 clip, this setup will sound and run good, paint it red like the aftermarket hmf slip on

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Taking the baffle out will cause it to flow a bit better, but WILL change your settings.

Bump the main jet to a 145, add a high flow air filter and you'll be fine.

If you ever a full system exhaust, bump the main to a 155, and go up one size on the pilot jet, along with the high flow filter.

~Brian

·
Registered
76 Posts
^^^^do what he said!! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Raptor 3Flipty said:
Well if you dont want to spend the 200 or so bucks for a kick azz HMF. Or you dont have the fabing skills or tools to work on your stock exhaust. Heres what I was gunna buy before saving the money for a new exhaust which I did not have to jet. I own a 2007 350 oh ya welcome to the board! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rapt...tegoryZ43978QQihZ019QQitemZ290115495960QQrdZ1
Hope that helps...
I saw that too. Almost bought it, but I got a killer deal on an FMF pipe. I've always had good results with FMF so I figured I'd stick to what I know. Now I just have to find the right size pilot jet. The dealer was out, but I'm pretty sure my buddy, who has two of everything, has it. :thumbsup:

Last night my daughter and I put on the new rear grab bar, A arm skid plates, hand guards and nerf bars. Hopefully the rest of the hardware comes in today...pipe comes tomorrow. Then it's off to the desert! :grin_nod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts