Ok so I have a bike that I bought according to the VIN its a
2004 YAMAHA YFM660R

Year:2004
Make:Yamaha
Model:YFM660R
Body style:All Terrain
Drive type:RWD
Cylinders:1 Cylinders

Well I needed a new one way and I told another member (whom I've dealt with before with no issues) Told hime I had an 04' and he said no problem and sent me one.

Well I went to build the motor today and here's mine....

and here's the one he sent me.....

Sooooooooo do I have 2004 engine or did he send me one for a different year, better yet is it an aftermarket, lol.

Need some help, thanks.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Is there a part number on the oneway or the 52 tooth gear
I know the stock one that was in mine had bearings all the way around and the L&A had about 1/2 that.

Found this on there web page
Whats the difference between the 01-03 and the 04-05? The 2001-2003 Raptor one way is the most common unit to fail. Both units have one spring that goes around the entire unit to engage the clutch. The 01-03 have a smaller diameter inner diameter (two inches) The 04-05 hub is closer to two and a quarter inches. Check your VIN number and see what the tenth digit is. If its a 1 you are a 2001....if its a 4 your Raptor is a 2004. Look on the frame under the foot-peg on the left side.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
If the one i sent you was the wrong one you must have a 01-03. It came out of my 04. Here is a pic of the one I sent you next to a 01 style one way right before I boxed it up for you. I wanted to take a picture of the 2 styles next to each other. Next time I pull my 04 apart I'm gonna compare the 2 different flywheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Swapped motors or swapped the 52tooth gear, one way and flywheel. I'm not sure if there are numbers on the motor but you do have a old style one way. If you put the 52 tooth gear in oneway it will also not fit. If I still had the 01 oneway I had I would swap you but they are already gone.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Did you have one and sell it? I had 2 01 oneways but I sold them both already:(. Is your 52 tooth gear in good shape?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you have one and sell it? I had 2 01 oneways but I sold them both already:(. Is your 52 tooth gear in good shape?
I need to build two motors and I have the following.....

Complete flywheel/one way/52 tooth gear (in my motor, its supposed to be an 02' pulling it apart today so who know I may be suprised, lol)

Aparently I have an 01'-03' flywheel and 52 tooth gear (Jessica's motor)

A 52 tooth gear from an 05'

Finally I have the 04'-05' one way I purchased from you.

So pretty much I can put one motor togther today and I have several paper wieghts.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Although pictctures are nice, in this case they don't tell the story.

THe 01-03 one way and flywheel (and 52 tooth gear) are smaller diameter than the 04-05. Without seeing them side by side, as dog has done, the pics are worthless...

Is the one you recieved larger diameter then what you had in your engine? If so, then either the engine has been swapped with an 01-03, or the P/O replaced the flywheel/one-way with an 01-03 set. Why? Some ppl put the 01-03 on because they are lighter, in an attempt to improve throttle response, OR, he needed to replace the one-way, already had an 01-03 set lying around and just used them.

Both of what you show are stock Yamaha parts.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Although pictctures are nice, in this case they don't tell the story.

THe 01-03 one way and flywheel (and 52 tooth gear) are smaller diameter than the 04-05. Without seeing them side by side, as dog has done, the pics are worthless...

Is the one you recieved larger diameter then what you had in your engine? If so, then either the engine has been swapped with an 01-03, or the P/O replaced the flywheel/one-way with an 01-03 set. Why? Some ppl put the 01-03 on because they are lighter, in an attempt to improve throttle response, OR, he needed to replace the one-way, already had an 01-03 set lying around and just used them.

Both of what you show are stock Yamaha parts.
Yep, Dog and I have discussed this and they look just like his picture, which you can clearly see the differences in my pics but anyway if I took a picture of them laying side by side it would look like his pic.

So now my choices are to find an 04'-05' flywheel (since I already have a one way and 52 tooth gear) or buy an aftermarket and sell my parts.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts