Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a one-way starter clutch job on my 01 raptor 660. Putting it back together and I was wondering with the new L&A kit do I need to use the little needle bearings on the crank? I'm having a hard time getting the fly wheel to go on the crank. The new 52 tooth gear has some type of oil journey that stops it from sliding on to the needle bearings. Please help asap!!!!

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
The new 52T gear has an oillite bushing instead of the needle bearing - leave the old needle bearing out. Don't forget to include the thrust washer between the 52T and the crank.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I'm doing a one-way starter clutch job on my 01 raptor 660. Putting it back together and I was wondering with the new L&A kit do I need to use the little needle bearings on the crank? I'm having a hard time getting the fly wheel to go on the crank. The new 52 tooth gear has some type of oil journey that stops it from sliding on to the needle bearings. Please help asap!!!!
The 01s were the only year to use the needle bearing design, so if you are using the 02 and up 52 tooth gear, you dont need the needle bearing.............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts