Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on my 01 660r I thought the one way went out of it, I started tearing it apart. when I pulled the flywheel out of the quad the one way fell off all of the six bolts were broken off. I guess my question is, is this typical? Is it possible I don't need a new one way?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Im working on my 01 660r I thought the one way went out of it, I started tearing it apart. when I pulled the flywheel out of the quad the one way fell off all of the six bolts were broken off. I guess my question is, is this typical? Is it possible I don't need a new one way?
Take a good look at the 52 tooth gear hub, if it is galled and check the inside rollers of the oneway itself, if these are galled also it is toast, get a L&A aftermarket oneway and a new 52 tooth gear with hub, probably what happen is that the oneway slipped and grabbed too many times and broke all the bolts............

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
You're going to need a telescoping magnet to fish down in the sump (while you have the side cover off) to find those broken off allen heads.

This is somewhat common and, to avoid in the future, use red Loctite on these allen bolts and torque to spec.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts