Raptor Forum banner

Only 49 HP!!!:S

3K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  kayno100 
#1 ·
my friend has a raptor 700 it has the following mods...
FMF factory 4.1/powerbomb header
Stage 1 HotCams
PCV
Front and Back sprockets 1 more tooth than the original
Pro design foam filter
thats it

we took it on the dyno today... tuned it... but only got 49 HP , don't you think this is too little
my friend is saying we should put the stock sprockets back on... what do you say?

please answer ASAP because we want to know if we should remove the sprockets or not... and if anyone has the same things we have what HP does he get? thanks :D

#2 ·
I think that's an impressive numbers for just a full single exhaust I'm assuming stock airbox and intake since that wasn't listed and a controller. Get a nice intake filter kit and pick up a few more. Or a dynatek but I'd go intake first then dynatek replace HC1 with 2 or 3 and see way better results.

#3 ·
I agree with spidy....not bad with the little mods you have. yea...ditch the HC1, go with either HC2 or HC3 with a piston.

#4 ·
HCI is like 1hp over stock. 50hp is about what to expect from a Big3 bike so your in the ballpark. Gearing will not have enough difference to worth the effort. You can make a pull in second and in fourth gear and they will be very close to each other in RPM graphs, same with sprocket changes.

#5 ·
i listed the filter its a pro design foam filter :) so should i remove the sprockets or not and veloci raptor i ddnt understand what you said can you please explain deeper with what you said?:D

#7 ·
the only reason i want to remove the sprockets is because in 4th gear and in 5th gear... if im not pushing the throttle to full it starts acting weird like its like im giving it throttle and removing while my hand is steady... do you think i have to calibrate the tps?

#18 ·
This is what my 2 previous post had to do with. Why didn't tech pick up on this? Did it do it before dynotune? Sprockets just change gearing and rpm at speeds in gears so you're way off base thinking a sprocket will fix this.

#9 ·
no i dont mean that i mean its like the bike is going on and off on and off

#12 ·
Bet that I ran FCI before going super sized TB and an intake that'd make civic owners mad it's so damn big.

#14 ·
I think the HP is okay after all of you said this is what im supposed to get... but im worrying about the bike when it goes like on and off on and off... PS what does "does the cluth slip" mean?

#16 · (Edited)
You might need to start a new threads about rappy cutting in and out on big end sprockets won't help that. It's probably wrong map being you have no intake just cam pipe full single and a controller. If controller ain't a powercommander and don't hold maps adjust the pots for the upper end fuel. I'm no tuner but that's where I'd start.

#17 ·
Okay so you tuned it I see that. Tech didn't notice or say anything about the cutting out at high rpms? You sure it's not the rev limiter you're hitting? Cause if tuned properly it shouldn't be doing that and if clutch was slipping dyno woulda found that out also under load it woulda slipped more so. Your entire theory about sprocket size causing it to cut off and on or sputter is sound like you just like reading what you write. Why didn't tech notice the cutting off and on who dynoed your quad? How old are you?

#19 ·
ok thanks it was cuting off before the dyno tune while it was being tuned on the dyno it acted normally i told the tuner about this and it was too rich at 3000 RPM so its all fixed now thanks :D i live in Bahrain so you probably wouldnt know who is the person that tuned my bike... im actually 14 years old and im learning alot of things about tuning and everything... i own a raptor 700 for myself but i always help my buddies if they have a problem with their bike or anything similar because nobody is an expert here :p :D
Thanks for the help

#20 ·
P.S he was a car tuner and it was on a car dyno... we dont have quad dynos here

#21 ·
Okay that explains some.

#23 ·
oo ok :D

#26 ·
I wouldn't get to hung up on dyno numbers as the HP numbers will vary from dyno to dyno....

besides dyno's don't win races riders do.. :)

#28 ·
True... thanks :D

#30 ·
Lol!:d

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.