Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are the pictures from my little crash.. The new subframe is on order and the plastics are being cleaned.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
That sucks, I bet that subframe isnt cheap either. :(

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Did you have a grab bar on and it broke off also? :'( :'(

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they were asking around 355 from bikebandit.com but I found it at yamahasportsplaza.com for around 260. Yeah I had a rear grab bar on it. I kept going through the rebel racing bars, They kept bending on me, so i bought a prm bar.. well the bar didnt bend but the subframe did

·
Registered
815 Posts
ouch man.... that sucks....
If you dont mind me asking - what happened ? - were u just doing a regular wheelie and when the bar hit, it broke ? or did you actually crash?
This worries me about my grab bar - bcs i went threw two factory grab bars, so i bought the GYTR, and its tough!!

Plattner

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:
they were asking around 355 from bikebandit.com but I found it at yamahasportsplaza.com for around 260. Yeah I had a rear grab bar on it. I kept going through the rebel racing bars, They kept bending on me, so i bought a prm bar.. well the bar didnt bend but the subframe did
Thats the exact reason why I always say you dont want a super strong rear grab bar. I would much rather have my rear grab bar bend then have my subframe break. Glad its not a horribly outragous price.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I am regreting buying the rear bar now.. considering a rear bar costs 65 bucks and a subframe a couple hundred. Id rather keep going to rear bars.. plus its a lot easier to change.. Plattner, i was on the ice about 2 weeks ago and was doing about 40mph in a wheelie, and I guess from what my girl told me, i went over a little snow mound and the bike launched all the way back going in midair, then landing on the grab bar on the ice, then it dug into the ice, i got launched over the bars, then the bike rolled over a couple times (once over me, that things not light) and landed on its side. I dont remember anything after that. but I guess I got up and rode it for about 5 minutes until the wife told me to stop and bring it in. That happened at around 4pm, I dont remember anything until 130 am. A little concussed i guess and being very sore, but no broken bones.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
That really sucks.. Glad your ok other than a being sore and forgetting stuff :crazy:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Damn i'm about to buy the PRM Desert grab bar :unsure: I really don't want to buy a new subframe :(

·
Registered
423 Posts
Teraflx said:
06RAPPY700R said:
Thats the exact reason why I always say you dont want a super strong rear grab bar. I would much rather have my rear grab bar bend then have my subframe break. Glad its not a horribly outragous price.

agreed id rather have the bar bend than the frame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts