Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, not been over to this darkside of the forum, but seeking a little advice.

I have a 660, fully rebuild from ground up in the last 6 months, all new bushing, rebuild motor, new clutch, brake pads, everything bar tires. I am thinking about trading (up?) for a 700.
Other than the obvious fuel injection, what will a 700 give me, that my 660 doesn't? Is it worth it seeing I have a practically 'new' bike?

Any advice or input is appreciated

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Suspension is way better (08 and up or 06,07 SE), power difference is alone would make you change. Easier to make power, no carbs like you mentioned. More comfortable, bigger aftermarket market. I came from a 03 660 and the two bikes are night and day difference.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,052 Posts
How big are you? I was 6-2, at 250. I can't say for the 660, but the 700 seams to fit a bigger rider in comfort.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Well with the 700 you dont have to worry about having 2 carbs to mess with or worry about getting junk in. With the newer 700 you get that cool radiator guard. Certain years you get a fancy digital display. I like the sound of my fuel pump priming the system, cause when i hear that it means BRRAAAAPPP time, and you dont get that on a 660 my friend!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or a smaller rider that likes to go fast ;)
I'm with Cammy, 5'7 and 180lb. The 660 fits great, it's a fun bike, I've enjoyed every bit of ownership from rebuilding it to playing with it. Just that 700 itch is getting very itchy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts