Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your guys opinion on the K&N velocity intake...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would I be better off with a pro flo and K&N w/o lid? I'm doing the big 3 soon just sorting out what I want.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I recently switched filters on my Pro Design and remember reading this when I was doing some research. This is a quote from DL700 on MR...i copied and pasted it....

"The Velocity tube intake climbs late and falls fast.... go with the FCI and never look back"

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...I know fci is the best. Just don't wanna spend the money. Im just going to get a pro flo with KNN and outerwears I think....

·
Registered
749 Posts
i'd go with the foam. i just switched from the k&n gauze-style with outerwear after reading a lot and getting advice from the guy who built my motor

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
i dont have that intake...but i would wait, save up and buy it right the first time (FCI). anything will be better then the stock setup yes but its not worth buying twice.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'd go with the foam. i just switched from the k&n gauze-style with outerwear after reading a lot and getting advice from the guy who built my motor
What about those new amsoil oiless filters? Where you just blow compressed air to clean them? I'd like to run one of those.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont have that intake...but i would wait, save up and buy it right the first time (FCI). anything will be better then the stock setup yes but its not worth buying twice.
Your right. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i agree, don't buy twice. i really had no desire to spend more money on an FCI....even though they are worth it and better.

i haven't heard any negative things about the amsoil filters. def something you could look into. i remember Carpenter on here said something about you had to do some modifying to fit. i think blue lighting was running one he bought from carpenter, so maybe shoot him a PM if he's still on here much

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
not sure how much riding you do in dusty areas but i wouldnt run a k&n if you do. i had one on my blaster and ran the outerwear on it and there was still dust in my intake tube. i tried oiling the piss out of it and letting it sit over night and there was still dirt in the tube. but some folk swear by them so run whatever you feel comfortable with

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
ive been running a velocity intake since 08 before the fci came out. been a good intake thus far and makes good power on my ss/sb build. im running monster duals, velocity intake, pc3, trex II p&p, 11.1 cp piston, x4 cam, +3 tb on 92 octane and made 67hp 52tq.

fci has proven to be a great intake, but i cant knock the velocity intake.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Get a fci and don't look back. You can get box less ones for 160ish and then you will not spend the money later on.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I like the velocity. Its not a bad intake at all. You can get even more performance out of it if you cut a few inches off the intake as well.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Forgot to update... Ended up getting FCI w/box. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts