Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Switching to Amsoil but don't laugh - have never used their products before. :lol: Before I order this can anybody tell me what to expect - smoother shifting, running cooler, anything?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have been running the 0W40 for the past year and I notice better shifting. Not sure about temps…..no way to measure it but I have only noticed my fan on twice since I have run the oil.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
adrift said:
Switching to Amsoil but don't laugh - have never used their products before. :lol: Before I order this can anybody tell me what to expect - smoother shifting, running cooler, anything?
all the above !! You made a good choice.. :thumbsup: Synthetic will protect your engine better also.. 8)

·
Registered
767 Posts
I noticed a decrease in "raptor noise" when I switched to Amsoil.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Allright guys - just ordered 14 bottles of the 0W-40 Amsoil. :thumbsup: Let's see how it goes.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
adrift said:
Allright guys - just ordered 14 bottles of the 0W-40 Amsoil. :thumbsup: Let's see how it goes.
It will go just fine.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
adrift said:
Drop ship me some 10w will ya thanks :grin_nod: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oil change is all done. Now I’m ready for the weekend. 8)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
adrift said:
Just in time for the weekend. :)
So should I be exspecting mine on monday?? ;) :p

Michael

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Where did you order it from?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered it from magic racing.They have pretty good prices and they are easy to deal with. Check your front door. I think the UPS guy dropped it off already. :lol:

http://www.magicracing.com/index.html

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Cool man thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After a hard weekend of riding I’m loving the amsoil. The shifting is so smooth now and the “raptor noise” is quieter at idle and even while driving. It’s definitely running cooler but I also changed out the coolant to Honda HP coolant and I added some Redline water wetter so maybe it is a combination of both. :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
adrift said:
After a hard weekend of riding I’m loving the amsoil. The shifting is so smooth now and the “raptor noise” is quieter at idle and even while driving. It’s definitely running cooler but I also changed out the coolant to Honda HP coolant and I added some Redline water wetter so maybe it is a combination of both. :)
Damn man The Man in Brown didn't make it by again today...are you sure you got the address right? :3question: :lol:

Looks like I need to get me a case. How many hours did you put on your rappy befor switching over? Thanks
Oh and what is better about the Honda HD coolant?

Michael

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just switch over to the amsoil when you change your oil next time. :thumbsup:

I was planning on giving Engine Ice a try but I wasn’t sure if it had a lot of corrosion inhibitors in it. I figured if the HP coolant didn’t work any better then the Yamaha stuff I would just switch over to the engine ice but it seems to be running cooler for some reason so I might just stick with it.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
adrift said:
Just switch over to the amsoil when you change your oil next time. :thumbsup:

I was planning on giving Engine Ice a try but I wasn’t sure if it had a lot of corrosion inhibitors in it. I figured if the HP coolant didn’t work any better then the Yamaha stuff I would just switch over to the engine ice but it seems to be running cooler for some reason so I might just stick with it.
I run Engine Ice in my Ninja, seems to work pretty well.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
i've been running the 10w-40 in my bike and the rap...is there advantage of running the 0w-40? i see the 0w-40 says for atv's...should i stick with the 10w-40 in the bike and the 0w-40 for the quad?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
orion said:
i've been running the 10w-40 in my bike and the rap...is there advantage of running the 0w-40? i see the 0w-40 says for atv's...should i stick with the 10w-40 in the bike and the 0w-40 for the quad?
:bump: for orion :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts