Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask a question. I got a ticket down at Winchester Bay this weekend for too loud of an exhaust. Have any of you ever had that happen? Were you able to get it dismissed. To me it is a pretty chicken shit ticket. The cops explanation was that there were homes near by and we dont want to disturb them. There is no way that anyone that isnt within 300 feet can hear anybodys exhaust. For every doubling of feet away the decible level goes down by 6. As far as Im concerned the dunes down there are an ORV park and as such my exhaust should not be a problem.

·
Dirty Lil Bastard
602 Posts
Your CT exhaust was too loud??? I thought with the discs and cap it was under 96db's

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I have never seen them give a ticket out to anyone for being to loud, unless that person was doing something else, like going over posted speed limit, going to fast in day use areas around cars, or riding wheelies in day use areas. There has always been a good reason that person got a ticket. Not saying you where in the wrong, just saying what i have seen. all my Quads are two loud also, and they have never bothered me about it.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
When I ride at Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan, they check the decibel level of your pipe before you can even enter the dunes. I've never seen anyone get a ticket on the dunes. Now that I think about it, if it's too loud, they just say you can't go on, they don't issue a ticket, at least to my knowledge. Sorry to hear about your ticket, and yes, it does seem like BS.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Sucks, but you really can't complain too much... run an exhaust too loud for the DB limit, you run the risk of getting ticketed. Pretty damn simple. It's not like the sound ordinance is a secret...

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
That's true Seg. The sign when you enter the dunes has said 93db limit for as long as I can remember.

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
What about all them Harleys that ride down 101 with Decibels exceeding 110? Same difference except they don't get a ticket...

Just bullshit ass laws that we all have to deal with because someone has to make some $$$

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I don't disagree Kosta, but bitching about a sound ticket is like bitching about a speeding ticket on the freeway IMO. You KNOW the limit, you go over - you run the risk.

This is nothing new, shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I would take that ticket n shove it n the cops decibel hole

·
Registered
265 Posts
never got a ticket for noise
got one for no sparky(fix it)
it was even raining hard that day...lol.
put one in an aftermarket pipe.
ticket gone(hanging on my wall).

funny thing-even with the sparky it wont even come close to passing sound...lol. good thing they didn't check.

i always thought it was lame that atv/dirt bikes require sparky, but trucks and jeeps do not.

i guess where there is smoke there's fire.

the worst new law is "no loaded firearms on an atv"(even if you have a concealed carry license!!!)this seems broad. Class I II III

that means your car or truck too when in an ohv area.(basically all of southern and eastern Oregon's hunting areas)

havent herd of it bieng enforced yet, BUT its there

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Wow, first I've heard of the weapons law, good to know ! Not that I have a gun, few times out there I did wish I had something to shoot my bike with though :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
So how does one know if their bike is to loud before getting a ticket? Im just wondering cause I have no idea how loud my 660 is. I know it is louder then any other bike I ride with but they are mostly stock sport or utilitys

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
The thing about it is.... just about any bike with an aftermarket pipe is over the limit. Generally you won't get a ticket though if you're not being a jackass, or doing something that attracts their attention. Heard the feds have been there lately though, and they've been more strict than the normal Sheriffs tht patrol.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
And there is also a difference between a loud and you've gotta be friggin kidding me make my ears bleed loud. :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Will a sparky decrease the dbs. the privous owner removed it and I know I should have one riding in the desert any ways.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts