Raptor Forum banner

Ouch!!!

4K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  lucky 69 
#1 ·
I screwed up bad today, had to bail off this drop off :wow: both legs messed up, bike not much better. Anyone have a subframe they could let go of???? :mad: Sorry for the bad pics, I was still laying on the ground, unable to walk, I had just flagged my friend down.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, there was tracks up the other side, but I guess they backed down, and they had been rained on. I wasn't going fast, just no time to stop. My left ankle is screwed up, and my right knee, it really sucks being both legs.. I bailed and landed on my feet, not a good idea.::)

#7 · (Edited)
look like he got some pain killers to me :lol: so you basically rode straight off that ledge on the left of the first pic?! what is that like 25ft or more? wow dude. good thing you were out with a friend. take care man, you'll be back out there before too long.

#9 ·
Geeze bud, next time you jump off a cliff like that don't forget to pull the 'chute! lol

In all honesty I'm glad you're ok. It could of been alot worse. Let us know if you need anything to get the Rap back on the trails.

#10 ·
Glad to to hear you didn't hurt to bad, where were you riding that looks like az trails to me. Ive done something similar before on a trail i wasn't familiar with luckily i hit the gas right before i went off the top kept the bikes nose up and landed it and crapped my pants.

#12 ·
well the bright side is subframes are cheap. iirc they are around $20 + shipping on eBay.

what is that, a 10' drop? could have been much worse bro.. much worse.

#13 ·
Ask the doc for some demerol its the shnitz LOL. Rappy dosent look that bad but you look sad, i can imagine the pain your in, hope the little lady is taking care of you and your in a way lucky it wasent worst. Man thats still one heck of a drop.

+1 on bringing a friend with you i always do the same you never know whats going to happen on a ride. Give us some updates on the recovery and i really hope you dont have to go in surgery for the knee or ankles.

Im just glad your ok take care for now bro.

#14 ·
Thanks for the concern guys, I go to the Dr. today, and mri's to follow. Yep I am in AZ, and alreadt checked the bike :D I can't stop my wife gets mad at me for that, the subframe is tweaked on the right side as the bike landed upside down.

Think the subframe could possibly be straightened if I were nice to it???

#15 ·
hope you have a speedy recovery!

to find a nice used 700 subframe seems like finding a needle in a haystack. the 660's subframes are cheap and all over ebay....the 700's aren't, which sucks. i didn't bend mine, but cracked it where it meets the grab bar and bought a new subframe from MR Cycles. i've seen a few threads on here where people have had success in straightening them, and others just broke as they tried to straighten it. good luck with everything!

#17 · (Edited)
sorry to here about your mishap .hopefully you go to ride a while .:D the bike don't look bad so good to here.but most important you not hurt to bad .cheer up buckarooo you will be back up in no time!!!!! fast recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D mmmmmm you got sonic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!8) mmmmmmmmm hey just seen this in the market place http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79309 oh ya i hope you said Geronimo before the leap. im sure you didnt more like (oh @#$@#@$$#@ ) sorry just want to put a smile on your face!!!!!!!!!

#19 ·
Man I don't feel so bad now, mine coulda deffinately been worse.

Update the doc said I was too swollen to check me all out, so I go back tomorrow. I think the consensus is I majorly sprained my left ankle, and dislocated my right knee, huge bruise on the back of my knee!!!

#21 ·
Well I think I surprised the doc, I just started my current job about 6 months ago, and I only had about a week of sick leave, so now I am out, so I go to the doc, and he checks me out, and kinda him and haws, and I said can I go to work light duty, I can walk, and I am sick of the crutches, so he says let me see, so I walk around the office, and he says that looks good, you can go light duty, I'll see you in a week :D. Soo glad to be off crutches, now on to the raptor repairing.

Can you say bruise?? This is my ankle, it goes all the way around like that.

And this is the back of my knee.

#26 ·
Well I think I surprised the doc, I just started my current job about 6 months ago, and I only had about a week of sick leave, so now I am out, so I go to the doc, and he checks me out, and kinda him and haws, and I said can I go to work light duty, I can walk, and I am sick of the crutches, so he says let me see, so I walk around the office, and he says that looks good, you can go light duty, I'll see you in a week :D. Soo glad to be off crutches, now on to the raptor repairing.

Can you say bruise?? This is my ankle, it goes all the way around like that.

can you say kankle? lol jk hope ya get better

#22 ·
dammm that make's me go ouch just seeing the pics!!!!!!! good to hear your walking and at least can go to work got got to make some cash to repair the rappy and you .hope it heals quick .:D from the pics the bike don't look that bad .from the height you went off of i am surprised .but that 's good .now the big question will your wife let you get back on it lol .i'm sure she will .

#28 ·
I've had similar injury to my ankle. Except the bruising covered my hole ankle and foot top an bottom. As a result i no longer have the balls to skim water. An your bike looks fine I don't see what the problem is..... Just tell everyone that says something about it being crooked that it's been customized.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.