Raptor Forum banner

Our trip so far....Hatfield McCoy

3K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  THIS SPACE FOR RENT 
#1 · (Edited)
Dale I and I left early sunday morning, rode Rockhouse sunday and monday. Might ride Bear Wallow tomorrow. Then off to Ashland resort tomorrow to ride Pinnicale Creek and Indian Ridge for the next few days. Then back to reality.

lots of elevation changes...steeper than it looks

See less See more
#15 ·
We saw 2 ducks gettin it on, that count for anything? :rofl:

AWESOME!!!
Let us know how the trails are at the different locations and which trail system you liked the best.
Are you able to cover all the trails in just a few days? How far between each place?What are your accommodations like?
Sorry about all the questions, but a bunch of us from north of the border are thinking of making the 10+ hour drive and spend a few days or a week there if we have to.:)
Looks like your new rear bar/rack came in handy with the storage bag you have with it.:thumbsup:
Will do, so far RockHouse has lived up to its name. It was very rocky but what was most impressive was the elevation changes. Man there were crazy inclines that kept on going, 150+ yrd rocky as hell incline (2nd gear 3/4 throttle) switchback to another 150+yrd incline (still rocky) and that just kept going until I came face to face with a commander coming down with a blown front tire. Messed my rythm all up :mad:
So far we stayed at Fox ATV Lodge in Gilbert and its a nice calm place to relax with a good location. Kinda small, but very clean and good people. It has in house washer and dry with kitchen and all that. Did I mention good people? Right on the river and 1.3 miles from the trailhead....but you get to ride on the street so no big deal. Bottom line, if you decide to make the trip let me know because I would do most anything to ride here again..... I cant say that on RS cause those guys will take it straight to the gutter :lol:

Damn guys, looks like your having a blast. Wish I was there with ya!
PAT! You have NO idea how much we wanted to come ride in charleston with you man. We are going to make it happen some time.

how did you like 93 and 95? I think those r my favorite. Theres also a really fast more level trail that heads through a valley. I think it might be 35. Give us an update.
We didnt ride 93 or 95. The first day was only a half day and we didnt want to break anything in the first 4 hours. We were going to save that for monday. So Monday we rode the long way to Mann and were planning to hit all the extreme stuff on the way back until the bottom dropped out. They had crap blowing everywhere with 60+ mile winds. I had no idea it could get that bad in the mountains. we did ride most of the black trails, but for some reason the intermediate trails seemed even harder.
35 was a great time but my absolute favortive trail at Rockhouse was 16. I was 3rd-4th drifting corners and it was just perfect for me, then the stairstep jumps going up hill to top it off.
I was at one with my Raptor.

#4 ·
AWESOME!!!

Let us know how the trails are at the different locations and which trail system you liked the best.

Are you able to cover all the trails in just a few days? How far between each place?What are your accommodations like?

Sorry about all the questions, but a bunch of us from north of the border are thinking of making the 10+ hour drive and spend a few days or a week there if we have to.:)

Looks like your new rear bar/rack came in handy with the storage bag you have with it.:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Damn guys, looks like your having a blast. Wish I was there with ya!

#6 ·
I'm surprised it's not a total mud hole, maybe they haven't gotten as much rain as Ohio, we have nothing but swamps here right now.

#8 ·
+1 Ohio is swampy as Florida right now.

#10 ·
Its been snowing and sleeting a little today so we are being little girls today. we are at ashland resort right now where they have great wifi but no cell signal...most of our trip has been that way LOL. supposed to stop raining tonight so we will ride tomorrow and yes its a little soupy. but not bad, at least it wasnt :lol:

#17 ·
We didnt ride 93 or 95. The first day was only a half day and we didnt want to break anything in the first 4 hours. We were going to save that for monday. So Monday we rode the long way to Mann and were planning to hit all the extreme stuff on the way back until the bottom dropped out. They had crap blowing everywhere with 60+ mile winds. I had no idea it could get that bad in the mountains. we did ride most of the black trails, but for some reason the intermediate trails seemed even harder.
35 was a great time but my absolute favortive trail at Rockhouse was 16. I was 3rd-4th drifting corners and it was just perfect for me, then the stairstep jumps going up hill to top it off.
I was at one with my Raptor.
We were there one year, at the top of the mountain and it started raining like Jesus was coming. Lighting was crashing. We made a b-line home. Going down some of those decents you mentioned, bowling ball sized rocks were passing us in a mud slide. there was no braking, just gas and go. Scared as hell. Funniest thing was this guy larry who was the slowest all day made to the street 1st. He was nearly crying.

#21 ·
Cool

#26 ·
#31 ·
If you ride like Jeff and I then the Raptor is the way to go,,,. The Grizzly 4x4 would work too just not as much fun.. The mud/pudles are not deep at all and have a hard bottem, that made it EZ to just blast over them... I will say this, to ride 100+mi a day for four day is very hard on the arms,back,legs. hahah oh and hard on the Quad too

#33 · (Edited)
haha if you get off of the hm trails and hit the outlaw trails then you will find some deeeep holes lol i have submerged my 660 several times lol and my 700 twice i have seen people that go for thier first time and they will hit them deep holes and from there on the kinda ease into the mud puddles after that we pulled up on a group on day that was sitting there next to what looked like a big hole and i pulled up and said whats everyone looking at and they said they was waiting for someone to go first and i said i will i dont think the water even came half way up on the rims lol here is a pic of one time i got a in a lil more than i should have.....

then after i finally get pulled out gotta take plug out and pump water out and take plug and rinse it off in the creek lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.