Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pcIII and i run a ct pipe with the lid off and i was woundering if i was to buy the outerwear lid cover would it let enough air in, to be good for the pcIIIs map for the lid off??? keeping in mind that i have an outerwear already around my k&n filter in the air box.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The outer wear kit where did you find that kit?I am going to buy the big three mods using the pro-design intake and was wondering where you bought it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
its the same as no lid at all. try a little test, (now dont laugh), take it off and blow through it. zero restriction. even if you already have the outerwear on the filter itself, it still would make no differance other than offer that extra protection, nothing wrong with that. just IMO.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have the ehs lid also, good flow!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Seems like an expensive, NO difference mod.... Send me a $100 and I'll send you some nylons and a big rubber band from Wal-Mart. :lol: :lol: IMO your seat must only be millimeters from the top of the box, how much crap can get in? If you're runnin' an outer wears already - even that is "more than you need" . Remember, you are covering a filter with it. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
138 Posts
This one time, at band camp, I rode in a dusty area (the really fine silt type) with my airbox lid off. I thought for sure my new gauze type filter would be alright with its cute little prefilter thingy on. When I got back to the truck, I pulled off the seat to make a quick check and... oh the horror! :eek:

Vibration made the prefilter start to work its way off the filter, it was only half-way on. Dust had built up on the filter, but not underneath the half that was still covered. I'm telling you, the difference was night and day! I was so worried, I changed my oil right after cleaning the filter.

anyway, there's this ebay seller, his username is xcbob. He has this outerwears cover that is cut to match your airbox and is held on with velcro. The velcro is not too secure, so get creative with it. I forget how much it is, but it is a cheaper alternative to the other lids out there.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Sorry about your luck bro. I've been running K&N with outer wears and NO lid on quads for years. I've never seen any dust in my intake.... I live buy fields where they grow celery and oinions. Black silt. When it gets dry it is so thin it's crazy. I lube the mouth of my K&N with Vasaline. The elastic band on the outerwears is pulled over the filter but behind the hose clamp. Never any problems so far.

I'm not saying the lids aren't sweet - I just ain't spending $100 on something that I don't need. Just my 2 cents. I have looked into the 1" plugs that your put in the lid, only $8 for 6. I know the air flow isn't as good as the full lid, but it's all what your looking for. If you have the $$$ then buy the lid, it is definately the best idea, it is just expensive. :grin_nod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts