Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if the outside air, when it's gets colder in particular, affects the air/fuel. I used to run my 2 stroke blaster and I would be forever adjusting the jets for winter/summer temps.

I ask this bc I got my pc5 map running but I'm generic and I always have the cold weather/leaner mix in the back of my head and I don't want to ruin the Ralph by running it to lean during the winter months

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yes it does affect it. Every little change in atmospheric condition will affect you A/F ratio even if it's only slightly. However I don't think it's enough to be concerned with unless you get a tune at say sea level then go ride the pikes peak race lol. I wish the rappy's self adjusted like a car :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running the map you gave me for the barkers duels and it's 20s out with snow on the ground in my area

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Hmmmm.... Gosh I cant remember giving you a map lol Shit I have given soooo many out. I wonder if it was DL700's barker map? If so that's a good one and you shouldn't have any problems. It's definetly a good idea to get a custom tune for your area though. What's your plug look like? Is there any lean popping on decel? How do you like your amsoil intake? I love mine lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes its the dl700 for the barkers. I like the amso filter so far, put an outwear cover on the airbox so far so good. The intake is stock excepts for the adaptor for the filter

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah I just run with the filter and prefilter. No lid and the amsoil does a great job. And sooooo easy to clean haha!
So are you going to get a custom tune? You could try the plug chop thing but man it's like a science and theres no way to get it perfect that way. You could always try the autotune but I've heard just as much bad as good regarding those.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted to get I dyno tuned anyway, and since the auto tune seems faulty and not really worth the hassle and with a custom I don't need to weld anything, it seems like the right path to take

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah for sure man just bite the bullet and dyno that beast once and for all ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts