Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Today my mechanic asked me if he could rebore and re-nikasil plate and go to a larger piston and +4mm crank.
I would really value your opinions.
Do you guys think it is wise to go an even larger piston than the 105.5mm ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Whats up there buddy, Just got my head back and your pulling this shit +4mm crank. J/K (just so every body know he a friend of mine)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats up 700... So you finally got it all sorted out huh? Thats great news man.
Have you ridden her yet with the new head ?

So yeah ,I figured since they allready had the engine apart.. I would just go ahead and do the 770 now.
And im going to order the Barker duals too. 6HP @ 7000rpm over My LTE's sounds good to me
I hope they look as good on the bike as the LTE's.

What do you think about my question. Worth it ?

We gotta ride soon before it gets too hot down here...Then I guess we will have to switch to racing jet skies for the summer again.

Miami is rough livin huh bro?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
rappinitup700 said:
Hello everyone,
Today my mechanic asked me if he could rebore and re-nikasil plate and go to a larger piston and +4mm crank.
I would really value your opinions.
Do you guys think it is wise to go an even larger piston than the 105.5mm ?



I would not reccomend going over a 105mm bore. You'll have plenty of power with the +4mil crank and a 105mm bore with a good porting & cam combination and oversize valves :thumbsup:

Don't forget the heavy duty clutch & spring kit ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
6HP @ 7000rpm over My LTE's sounds good to me
I hope they look as good on the bike as the LTE's.

Where are you getting that info? that sounds pretty optimistic to me, as far as I know that has yet to be determined. There is a dyno shootout (same bike,same dyno same day)being put together on an independant dyno that should happen the first week of april. I'll wait and see what they come up with before I shell out another 695.00 bucks for a new set of duals ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,439 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
6HP @ 7000rpm over My LTE's sounds good to me
I hope they look as good on the bike as the LTE's.

Where are you getting that info? that sounds pretty optimistic to me, as far as I know that has yet to be determined. There is a dyno shootout (same bike,same dyno same day)being put together on an independant dyno that should happen the first week of april. I'll wait and see what they come up with before I shell out another 695.00 bucks for a new set of duals ;)
This was straight from Rocket factory!! I'll look for the post that came out today!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,439 Posts
Here it is: :grin_nod: Barker Duals have arrived!!!! « 1 2 3 4 5 » on the fourth page! http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=12716.45


Will post dyno sheets tommorrow, but right now they are 1hp better at 6000 (peak hp) and 6hp better at 7000rpm and 2-3 hp better till redline.

This is with a Trinity intake no lid and a powercommander with custom fuel map by us.

Thanks
Jason
www.rocketfactory.biz

We will test it next on one of our 804cc next week.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
onelunglow said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
6HP @ 7000rpm over My LTE's sounds good to me
I hope they look as good on the bike as the LTE's.

Where are you getting that info? that sounds pretty optimistic to me, as far as I know that has yet to be determined. There is a dyno shootout (same bike,same dyno same day)being put together on an independant dyno that should happen the first week of april. I'll wait and see what they come up with before I shell out another 695.00 bucks for a new set of duals ;)
This was straight from Rocket factory!! I'll look for the post that came out today!!

That's great! Me I'm going to wait till Petedog does his dyno shootout the first week of april on an independant dyno before I make any desicions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,439 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
onelunglow said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
6HP @ 7000rpm over My LTE's sounds good to me
I hope they look as good on the bike as the LTE's.

Where are you getting that info? that sounds pretty optimistic to me, as far as I know that has yet to be determined. There is a dyno shootout (same bike,same dyno same day)being put together on an independant dyno that should happen the first week of april. I'll wait and see what they come up with before I shell out another 695.00 bucks for a new set of duals ;)
This was straight from Rocket factory!! I'll look for the post that came out today!!

That's great! Me I'm going to wait till Petedog does his dyno shootout the first week of april on an independant dyno before I make any desicions.
I hope it's going to be the first week in April!! The last thing I heard was he didn't have everything in yet, and didn't know when it would be done!! The wait is kill'n me :grin_nod:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top