Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im new to this.. ive got a raptor 660 03 model everything is stock but jug exhaust and jets not sure what size just came from set off ebay when i bought bike guy just gave them to me. Problem is ive replaced with niche 686 kit and put everything to spec from manual with ring gap head flatness and everything i can think of. Started it and rode it for about an hour low speeds never out of third.. once it ran for about 45 min and had no issues. Then i rode it about two miles to really put it through constant rpm check about quarter throttle. Once arriving at the location and turning bike off for about 5 min during that time it had time to cool down some. Went to start it and nothing. Tried to crank but no fire. Then i had i pulled home when i pulled spark plug it was soaked with coolant. Cycled motor with plug out to blow it out and now im here. Any suggestions

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So im new to this.. ive got a raptor 660 03 model everything is stock but jug exhaust and jets not sure what size just came from set off ebay when i bought bike guy just gave them to me. Problem is ive replaced with niche 686 kit and put everything to spec from manual with ring gap head flatness and everything i can think of. Started it and rode it for about an hour low speeds never out of third.. once it ran for about 45 min and had no issues. Then i rode it about two miles to really put it through constant rpm check about quarter throttle. Once arriving at the location and turning bike off for about 5 min during that time it had time to cool down some. Went to start it and nothing. Tried to crank but no fire. Then i had i pulled home when i pulled spark plug it was soaked with coolant. Cycled motor with plug out to blow it out and now im here. Any suggestions
Also forgot to mention the head is stock

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you have coolant on your plug, you need to pull the head. You probably blew the gasket.

·
Master of the Electron
14,895 Posts
Head gasket? Perform compression and leakdown tests.

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,250 Posts
Did you use a factory head gasket with the 686 big bore?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Niche kits are known for cylinder problems. Thin sleeves, cracks, unknown pistons, smaller sealing surfaces.

You've got a problem, head gasket maybe, but you won't know until you either perform a leak down check or tear it down.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts