Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a new cam and higher compression piston and now my rubber gaskets for the valve and cam covers are melting flat causing oil to leak. After only 100 miles of trail riding.

Anyone experience this? The gasket set I used was Moose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just put in a new cam and higher compression piston and now my rubber gaskets for the valve and cam covers are melting flat causing oil to leak. After only 100 miles of trail riding.

You may be running lean.
Do you have a pipe as well?
I would try a few bigger jet sizes.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts

If it is getting that hot, you may need to install an oil cooler..............
But we have a heavily modified Warrior and never had those kind of problem.........

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Engine is not running lean, plugs are more on the dark side. Jets are 25 pilot, 155 main, and I even have the carb needle clip dropped one position. I also have the clutch cover oil cooler setup which I did the same time as the piston and cam. Could it be from the hot air from the oil cooler which is mounted under the front fender in the front.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Engine is not running lean, plugs are more on the dark side. Jets are 25 pilot, 155 main, and I even have the carb needle clip dropped one position. I also have the clutch cover oil cooler setup which I did the same time as the piston and cam. Could it be from the hot air from the oil cooler which is mounted under the front fender in the front.
Never.......:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One other thing I forgot to mention is one of my rear hub bearings failed during my last ride. Maybe the extra load it put on the engine is causing it. Here's a pic of what is left of the bearing spacer in the rear hub. You can imagine what the hub looks like.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts