Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Must be another problem if you keep breaking stockers but there is a guy on here that just bought a $100 oversize radiator. Wasn't that long ago should just be a few pages back in one of the 660 sections.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
That is the same thread I was thinking of.

I would say you need to figure out why yours keep breaking. The factory radatio is probably a better build quality than a $100 china radiator.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i kept breaking stock rad mounting tabs off,from vibration etc,im guessing metal fatigue.so i took it to machine shop and got them welded back on,but got them to double up the thickness.as far as the oversize rad that i bought off ebay,fit ok,with a little finessing,but the bolts from rad screen almost rubbed a hole in rad because it was touching.i also had to mod the plastic nose piece,that covers rad,quite a bit to allow for the thickness of rad.
i use the oversize rad for a spare now,as im using the stock one again..........i got a tip from a stock car racer,who told me that they use clear apoxy to fix pin holes in the rad.it works really good if your trying to save $$$$.i raced all summer with no leaks in it,...hope this helps..

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If your breaking tabs off the radiator then I would look at replacing the rubber bushings and metal sleevs that Isolate the radiator from vibrations. Also check the fan to make sure it isnt causing the vibration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts