Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting mixed information regarding the use of Oxyginated fuel. Can anyone provide information on this subject.

I hear that oxyginated fuel will eat up aluminum and after 2 years of use, you will have head damage.

I also hear that you can not leave the fuel sitting in your tank for long periods of time, cause it will also cause damage.

Right now im inbetween Sunoco 110 NON-Oxyginated and VP-113 Oxyginated.

Any info will help.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i know the vp-113 subject has been discussed before i would try searching for it. Or wait for someone to reply about it but i know the 113 has been brought up before for sure.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Im getting mixed information regarding the use of Oxyginated fuel. Can anyone provide information on this subject.

I hear that oxyginated fuel will eat up aluminum and after 2 years of use, you will have head damage.

I also hear that you can not leave the fuel sitting in your tank for long periods of time, cause it will also cause damage.

Right now im inbetween Sunoco 110 NON-Oxyginated and VP-113 Oxyginated.

Any info will help.

Sunoco dont make power In my testing... RUn Vp 110 if anything

If u leave any fuel in your tank for a long time it will cause damage...

recommended to drain the fuel after each use( if sitting for more then a few weeks IMO) Fuel will always stay fresher and not lose its potency is a sealed metal container and stored in a cool place

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daniel, what type of fuel do you recommend with my build.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I run a mix of Shell 110 and 93 with 15%alk... I am at 13.25 to 1 CR.. I try to make it some wear around 100 I think that going lower is way better than higher (To a point) This is just what works for me and my build yours will differ some.. oh and timing plays a big part as well on your fuel..

·
Registered
728 Posts
Daniel, what type of fuel do you recommend with my build.
You should consider e-85, if it's available in your area. Works great with my build, and the 2 450's I built up. I thought I saw dl700 was doing some testing on it. He would probably be the better one to give info on this. For me though, it's cheap, and really didn't notice any more fuel consumption, plus my cooling fan doesn't kick on like my other raptor tuned for gas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts