Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What riders are from PA? Pittsburgh area, carnegie actually here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Im From Bridgeville but live near Monroeville. I go riding almost every weekend.

·
Registered
108 Posts
For Free I ride the powerlines that go from Monroeville to the turnpike. Starts 1/4 mile from my house. For real riding I go to a place called Greenman's many-many acres of riding by century 3 mall. I also go riding as a guest to many of the club rides. There is a group called ATVTRACTION that own tens of thousands of acres in 5 counties around here for 20$ a year I could join and ride on any of the clubs land.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm from the northeast area. Hazleton to be exact.

Rick

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thumperfan said:
For Free I ride the powerlines that go from Monroeville to the turnpike. Starts 1/4 mile from my house. For real riding I go to a place called Greenman's many-many acres of riding by century 3 mall. I also go riding as a guest to many of the club rides. There is a group called ATVTRACTION that own tens of thousands of acres in 5 counties around here for 20$ a year I could join and ride on any of the clubs land.
When you say greensmans, are you meaning the tunnels. Greensmans tunnels, near south park? If so, you wont be riding there too much more. The police are cracking down and if you dont have written permission to ride there, well, you get a citation and get tossed out. We went there last sunday, after the incident, we went to glassport dumps. Have not been there in a looooooong time. Was not too bad, kinda family oreinted. Lots of kids having the time of their life. We usually go to wellsville to ride. Its in ohio, costs $10.00 per day. Tons of riding there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yup, same greenmans. Been 3 weeks since I was there. One of the paatving guys said that their club has permission to ride there. I thought the biggest problem was people riding up and down the stream next to the parking. Fish and game don't like that sort of thing. I have not been to wellsville, we were going to ride there 2 weeks ago but went up to Venango county instead. What sort of place is glassport? When you say family oriented it makes me think of a pay per ride place. I have heard of it mentioned but I have never asked about it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No pay at Glassport. Just a huge parking area where kids can play. Has an old mx track that Bob thomas honda/kawasaki made years ago. They used to practice there along time ago. You can bring a cooler with food and beverages and not worry about somebody stealing your shit. You are actually never more than about 1/2-3/4 mile from your ride. Lots of fun but you keep doing the same thing over and over.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just got a PM from a paatving member that said they are going to greenmans on the 1st. I'll make sure he knows what you said. Next time you go to the dump give me a buzz and I'll come along.

Jim

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thumperfan said:
I just got a PM from a paatving member that said they are going to greenmans on the 1st. I'll make sure he knows what you said. Next time you go to the dump give me a buzz and I'll come along.

Jim
Cool, I will.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Went Sunday to greenmans with a group of around 25 riders. Police drove right past us (at the paved lot)
Rode for about 5 hours. Still a lot of people riding that road and through the tunnel.
Rumble on the Ridge this Sat...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone been out to R&D Raceway in Bentlyville. Nice track there. They have practice there on Tues & Thurs till dark. I just raced their Harescramble on Sunday. All I can say is dam, it was the hardest racing I have ever done. A hour and 1/2 of non stop pushing yourself to get the best lap times as possible. Well im heading out there today after work. If anyone is interested in it, lookup online at www.koontzadventures.com or the district 5 website.

·
Registered
10 Posts
so i'm kinda new to all of this, but i am a little familiar with the areas you guys are talking about. i live in califonia pa if anybody knows where that is. there is alot of great trail riding and several slate dumps pretty close to me but its all starting to get a little boring. if anyone could give me some directions to some good riding spots that aren't very far from my area that would be great thanx guys.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cant help down there. If you dont mind a drive, wellsville is about 1-1 1/2 hour's from you. A couple friends of mine and I are going to Breezewood next month for a 3 day weekend. $100.00 each and you get a nice log cabin, showers, pool table. Basically its a house. Awesome!!!! I think the place is called the breezewood proving grounds. Check it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
could someone please give me directions to those glaasport dumps. or the greensmans trails. i am fairly familiar with the century three area. if anyone could give me directions from route 70, 40, 43 , or 51. i'm pretty close to all af these roads. you can email me at [email protected]
or just leave the directions on here, either would be great. thanx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts