Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some haulers for my bike.My problem is that when i mount them on, the paddles don't line up? are the paddles suppose to be aligned or somewhat staggered? if so whats the best way to adjust these bad boys? thanks!

·
Dirty Lil Bastard
602 Posts
They will slide on the rim and line up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
mine never do when i have to push the bike in the garage it rocks back and fourth while i push it. i wish they would line up nice

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Take your hub off and line them up that way. :thumbsup:

P.S.
Mine never slide on my wheels....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
it's been debated many times, but it doesn't matter whether they're staggered or line-up, the speed always works out to be the same.

my theory used to be that you step one leg at a time so your paddles should do the same hah.

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I recently bought some haulers for my bike.My problem is that when i mount them on, the paddles don't line up? are the paddles suppose to be aligned or somewhat staggered? if so whats the best way to adjust these bad boys? thanks!
Food for thought. If both paddles are lined up even across, and you go into a turn isn't your front end going to want to push instead of turn with both paddles digging traction at the same time. verses only one paddle digging traction while turning. ;)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have lined my up several times and they always move on the rim to be off set again. I gave up trying to alinge them. But you take off the the hub and move it a spline at a time till they line up.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
it's been debated many times, but it doesn't matter whether they're staggered or line-up, the speed always works out to be the same.

my theory used to be that you step one leg at a time so your paddles should do the same hah.
+1....sounds good to me Joe. :D

As mentioned before, removing the hub and rotating it one tooth at a time will help as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You have two degrees of freedom to lining them up.

1) Remove the hub from the axle
2) Remove the wheel from the hub

Between these two you can usually get them lined up almost perfectly or however you want them to line up. If the tire is spinning on wheel then you got problems.

And yes, this has been debated forever. IMO, it's more of concern/noticeable if you have fewer paddles, under 8 or so. Over that you can't really tell. I have 13 paddles Extremes and I lined them up only so I could park it in the garage without having it sitting on one off the paddles.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, lol i had no idea its been discussed so much i tried searching.. well they are 8 paddle so when i pull them out of the garage the bike rocks back and forth and i just thought they were suppose to line up. i guess its not a big deal then

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have smaller paddles. I lign them up everytime. I also just remove the hub with rim and tire still attached to lign up. i cant stand that square tire feel. Also i have never had any issues my front end pushing while turning,but also have never had it in sand. I ride in the coal region of PA and paddles help for the hillclimbs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
we ride in the sand all the time and I always align them and the tire never moves on the rim. If they cannot be aligned by moving the hub the the tire needs to be rotated. If you look at the clocking angle of the paddle in relation to the valve stem you can see if they will line up or not. Both should match up.

so when i pull them out of the garage the bike rocks back and forth
This is why i line them up. At slow or lower speeds it rides like crap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts