Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For comparison sake.

AMS Aerospeed: 20x11x9, 8 paddle, stock rim, stock offset, 16.5 lbs.

Skat Trak Hauler: 20x11x9, Cheng Shin carcass, 8 paddle, Douglas rim 9x9 .160, 3+6 offset, 12.5 lbs.

Both have 4lbs. of air

Hopefully I notice a big difference for the good. I’m taking this dune trip a lot more serious……I even unbolted 45 lbs. of skid plates.

I’ll let you guys know how they compare in the sand after spring break.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Wow, the AMS's look huge compared to those haulers. :eek:

·
Registered
239 Posts
cant wait to see im interested in the ams ones so would like to know if they are any good

Ben

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[CHAMP said:
]
cant wait to see im interested in the ams ones so would like to know if they are any good

Ben
I have ridden on the AMS and they got me everywhere I wanted to go.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sunday 25th-wednsday 28th. Going to Florence.....only place left I haven’t ridden.....you going out spring break?

·
Registered
219 Posts
oli700 said:
Sunday 25th-wednsday 28th. Going to Florence.....only place left I haven’t ridden.....you going out spring break?
I'll be at Florence on the 24th. My club is doing the SOLV Beach Clean-Up and then doing a big BBQ and some riding. Then, I'll be back at either Florence or Winchester Bay on the 7th of April.

·
Registered
783 Posts
If you want to compare teh two...You better run the AMS first. Because once you bolt on the haulers, wou will never take them off... :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
POUNDSAND said:
If you want to compare teh two...You better run the AMS first. Because once you bolt on the haulers, wou will never take them off... :grin_nod:

You got that right, head straight for the idiot holes and dive off in any one of em, those haulers will get you out provided you can keep the front end down 8)

·
Registered
783 Posts
better traction / 4.5 lbs lighter and a wider footprint in the sand. It wont be close. The Haulers are the way to go. Those AMS look like they weill bury becasue they are heavy and thin... They remind me of the Gecko.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome you guys. This is what I am wanting to hear. I rode all of Coos and Winchester with the AMS and they went everywhere. I am not a sand expert but the sand was wet and I think it made it easier for them to get around. So this time I will not have my PRM full skids on approx. 45 lbs and I will have these Haulers which will be 8 lbs. less rotational weight and they look like they will float better.

Randy I have a plan. Come out to the dunes and we will trade bikes for the day. Then when you get back on yours you will notice a huge difference……like putting a doughnut on your bat and swinging it around before you get in the batters box. I will do this favor for you out of the goodness of my hart.

NW…..thanks for the clean up…I will definitely pack some out if I see it.

I went ahead and ordered the quiet tip for my TBR. Probably be some sound checks for spring break??

What is an idiot hole? Is that were you guys bury the idiots ?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
oli700 said:
Awesome you guys. This is what I am wanting to hear. I rode all of Coos and Winchester with the AMS and they went everywhere. I am not a sand expert but the sand was wet and I think it made it easier for them to get around. So this time I will not have my PRM full skids on approx. 45 lbs and I will have these Haulers which will be 8 lbs. less rotational weight and they look like they will float better.

Randy I have a plan. Come out to the dunes and we will trade bikes for the day. Then when you get back on yours you will notice a huge difference……like putting a doughnut on your bat and swinging it around before you get in the batters box. I will do this favor for you out of the goodness of my hart.

NW…..thanks for the clean up…I will definitely pack some out if I see it.

I went ahead and ordered the quiet tip for my TBR. Probably be some sound checks for spring break??

What is an idiot hole? Is that were you guys bury the idiots ?

Hey, thanks man ;) I'll have to come down and let you pound on my bike for a day :beer: I bet you'll want a 780 kit after you ride it ;)

The idiot holes as we call them are where the sand spills over into the trees and it's straight down with no turn around or way out. You either back down in or ride in and get off and turn you bike around, then set your nutz on the gas cap and dump the clutch in 2nd gear and haul ass up out of there :grin_nod:

You need to jump off in the idiot holes to get the full dune experience :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have those exact haulers and love em. They move sand like you would not believe. Like Randy said, good luck keeping the front down which is awesome in sand. They definetaly point you in a straight line but if you throw the rear end around they will do what you want them to do. And when you line up to race your not worried that you should of went with the straight paddle and didn't. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I think you'll love the haulers 8).

I'd have left the swingarm skid on. I dragged mine so much I thought it might be polished by the time I got back to camp. It made for a nice speed brake while riding along the dune crests - lol.

Shawn

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shawnz said:
I think you'll love the haulers 8).

I'd have left the swingarm skid on. I dragged mine so much I thought it might be polished by the time I got back to camp. It made for a nice speed brake while riding along the dune crests - lol.

Shawn
I think mine was dragging to much.....I might bring the stock plasic one with me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i herd the haulers were only good in straight lines, is this not true, can you still slide the back end around in the dunes or is it all grip

Ben

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
oli700 said:
OK! But I was looking forward to burying some idiots

You still can, if anyone's dumb enough to pull up behind you just drop the hammer and you'll bury the idiot :grin_nod:

·
Registered
219 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
oli700 said:
OK! But I was looking forward to burying some idiots

You still can, if anyone's dumb enough to pull up behind you just drop the hammer and you'll bury the idiot :grin_nod:
Them's fight'n words :mp5:

My buddy and I are always in a "who can cover the other guy the most sort of competition"... I've been COVERED a few times, but payback...it's OH SO SWEET!!! :grin_nod:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts