Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for some paddle tires and finned fronts. I don't know what to get. I have seen many people on here get the skat trak haulers. Any opinions on a good paddle tire that is similar to the skat trak? Or should I just go with the skat trak haulers and call it a day? Also, what size should I go with. I figured 8 paddles, but I am unsure of the size to get. Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are your mods, what do you weigh, and what kind of riding do you do mostly ?
no mods yet.

Soon will be, Yoshi RS3 full system, intake, 12T sprocket, and some suspension parts hopefully. I weight about 235. I ride primarily in kermit sand dunes. Its fine soft sand and I do some moderate jumping. Nothing crazy.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
IMO then I'd rock probably a 22x11x10 7 cup Hauler (skat)

The ITP Sand Stars won't win you any races, but they're a great all around play tire for the sand and they're now available in the 22x11x10 size as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The ITP Sand Stars won't win you any races, but they're a great all around play tire for the sand and they're now available in the 22x11x10 size as well.
Thats what I was thinking size wise, but I was thinking 8 paddles? Why do you think 7 would be better? Thanks

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I ran 8 paddles on my stock 660. Also ran them on my big 3 660. I was very pleased with them. But I'm also 185 pounds. At your size any paddle is going to hook up a lot more than someone 50 pounds less. We also tend to run more paddle out west it seems. Heavier sand maybe, I dunno ?

You could run an 8 paddle Hauler and be fine. But at your size on a stock swinger w/ 12/40 gearing I think you'll spend a lot of time looking at the sky and fighting to keep that front end down.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran 8 paddles on my stock 660. Also ran them on my big 3 660. I was very pleased with them. But I'm also 185 pounds. At your size any paddle is going to hook up a lot more than someone 50 pounds less. We also tend to run more paddle out west it seems. Heavier sand maybe, I dunno ?

You could run an 8 paddle Hauler and be fine. But at your size on a stock swinger w/ 12/40 gearing I think you'll spend a lot of time looking at the sky and fighting to keep that front end down.
So 40 is the stock tooth count for my bike? I just ordered the 12T front. You've got me thinking though. I've been trying to find some deals on here, but you have to so damn quick because the good stuff gets bought up fast.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

You think as far as size goes though, 22x11x10? I was thinking 20x11x10. Is that too short? I'm a damn noob to these four strokes man. I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
:lol: the GOOD stuff gets sold before being listed half the time ! Gotta be quick, that's for sure !

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:lol: the GOOD stuff gets sold before being listed half the time ! Gotta be quick, that's for sure !
You think as far as size goes though, 22x11x10? I was thinking 20x11x10. Is that too short? I'm a damn noob to these four strokes man. I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I would go 22x11x10 or 21x12x10 if you can find a good deal. 10'' rims handle better than 8's, but that's an option as well. If you're not racing a whole lot though, the 10" rim is a better choice I think.

My Brother runs the 20's and likes them on his 700. Personally, I'll never go smaller than a 22" for the sand. So, kinda comes down to preference I guess.

IMO the 20's are best left to the 450 and smaller classes, but I'm sure many would disagree. (que Mad Dog :lol: )

You'll get more good input here soon I'm sure

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey this is Tony the one you were gonna buy the front rim from off Craigslist, I'm planning a trip out to Kermit since I've talked to you I've been researching the dunes and it looks Awsome! So be going I'n July. I've heard alot about the skat trac and everyone says there good, next they say Itp sandstar. I've only had a set of those on my yfz on a sand bar, soft sand. They hooked up good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey this is Tony the one you were gonna buy the front rim from off Craigslist, I'm planning a trip out to Kermit since I've talked to you I've been researching the dunes and it looks Awsome! So be going I'n July. I've heard alot about the skat trac and everyone says there good, next they say Itp sandstar. I've only had a set of those on my yfz on a sand bar, soft sand. They hooked up good.
Hey whats going on man. It is awesome. I'm looking for some Haulers. Probably 22x11x10 with 8 paddles. I have some sand sharks I believe that were on my tri-z when went before. They hook up fine, but not enough roost. it is a good playing paddle though. If I take both bikes out there next trip I will probably have those on it still.

·
Registered
866 Posts
22x11x10 with 8 paddles sounds good. I run 20-10-8 8 blade buffed right now it comes down to what you do and what you like, Skat Trak Haulers they are the best IMO, and for fronts the Kenda Dune Runner looks like a good front I have yet to pick up fronts or the ITP Sand Star fronts. Oh and I weigh 195 and the bike wasn't reaching for the sky that day, the sand wasn't super soft there though.

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
I'm running 20x11x10 10 cup extremes currently on my 3 mod raptor. Oh and I weigh 225. This should be way too much paddle for me but its not. Its all about the way you ride. The 20x11x10 in an 8 cup is pretty much the standard place to start.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I found a guy in California who has a set of Haulers, 8 paddle, that are 20x10x10 for 50 bucks plus shipping mounted on rims. I figured I couldn't pass that kind of deal up. And, a question about shipping. How should I tell him to go about shipping the tires to me. They would be coming from Ventura California to La Porte Texas. The guy has never shipped anything before like that and I wasn't sure how to tell him to do it. USPS? How much do you think shipping will cost? Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Go with ups or fedex. USPS will be too high. Shipping will probably be more that the tires. Ups from Cali ground will take bout 3-5 days.
I always see stuff on ebay where there are like paddle tires with flat rate shipping of between 28 and 40 dollars. What are they using to get those rates?

·
Registered
20 Posts
They have special rates through eBay as did I when I sold stuff. But it also might be only one tire or one with rim. Ur doing both. So what you can do is have him measure diminutive of box and weigh it. Get on ups and fedex website and estimate shipping cost to get the best price. Ups will probably cheaper. U can add insurance but it's more depending on how much you insure it for. A tracking number will already be included. Signatur conformation is more too. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts