Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
They seem a little heavy. I run sand sharks and they work well. If I bought another pair I would go with the Sand Stars, they seem to be the best all around performer. I bought my sharks for my raptor 660 before the Stars came out, but they still work well with the 700, I just need a little more hook up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm with them, those things look like tank tracks. I have haulers and am very happy with them. When your cruisin up the side of a hill in quicksand and the front end still wants to come up you know the tires are pulling. One thing about the haulers some people dont like is when they are pulling they point you straight ahead. A little more body english needed. I have'nt ridden the stars but I hear they allow you to cut a little better.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
a little off topic, regarding running low air pressure in your tires and getting sand/dirt,rocks inside etc....
could you put a bead of silicone around the lip after you have them mounted? maybe help keep stuff out?
cuz i was running stocker tires at glamis, and now my tires have tons of sand in them..

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Sand Gear's rears look strikingly similar to the Gecko, which is definately not a tire one would want to emulate. Especially when competing on price.

Sand stars are heavy too, but they work very well and are, IMO the best bang for the buck paddle.

If $$$ isn't a big concern and you're into carving check out the skat trak edge.

Nick, not a bad concept. If you could get a good bead around and then smooth it out well enough to remove the excess and keep it uniform around the tire I think it'd be worth a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts