Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i will be buying a second set of rims (same as stock size and just rear) to put paddles on i have no idea what sized tires will fit on the stock rims here are the sizes i found can you please let me know what would fit and also recomend a decent brand paddle tire.

AMS Aerospeed

20-11-10

Kenda Gecko Plus

21x11x10

Kenda Gecko

21x11x10

and the second topic globes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H6M-...014QQitemZ330093413330QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

anyone tried these in the 35/35 or the 45/45 just want to know if there any better than stock and if the rappy is up to running the 45/45s

cheers

Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
None of those will fit a stock rim since the stock rear rim is a 9".

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the AMS Aerospeed tires, but I've not used them yet :-( Some said that they thought they were too heavy, others said they'd probably do fine. I dunno, got 'em as a gift and I think they look cool too!!!

I've heard that the Gecko's kinda suck.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Try the 9" ITP Sand Stars,

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh tru ok well will look at other size tyres then, if the last number was 9 would they fit
Ben

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
[CHAMP said:
]
oh tru ok well will look at other size tyres then, if the last number was 9 would they fit
Ben
In that case, yes they would all fit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet the

ams ones come it that size and so does the gecko but the gecko plus does not

Ben

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
And on those bulbs, I have the same ones in my 660 and they work great. They have a nice white color to them instead of the yellow tint of the stock ones. I stayed with the 35w ones to be safe since thats what they are stock.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers just wanted to know if they were total crap or not but if your happy with them i will order a set, still want to know if they could handle the bigger ones

Ben

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
[CHAMP said:
]
cheers just wanted to know if they were total crap or not but if your happy with them i will order a set, still want to know if they could handle the bigger ones

Ben

Im sure they would work, and I have seen people running lager watt bulbs but.... You always take a small risk of frying your electrical system or blowing fuses all the time so for me it wasnt worth it and I just stuck wo the 35w.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah good point and thats not something i want to happen when im using them so i will stick to the 35/35 then because im not ready to up grade to a whole new light because i dont do that much night riding

Ben

·
Registered
497 Posts
One of the guys I ride with went from Sand Stars to Geckos and lost performance. We used to be pretty even, now I don't have any problems handing his ass to him. I think you'll be happier with Sand Stars.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will look them up cheers

Ben

·
Registered
478 Posts
DONT GET Gekkos!! Unless you have ridden sandstars and or haulers and like gekkos better for some reason. For the all out best traction go with the haulers. They are great for straight line as well as general riding. I acutally run sandstars. They are still very good in straight line (not as good as haulers) but give you a little more abiltiy to slide the back end around on dune faces. For me the fit my riding style and the style that me and my buddies ride. In my opinioin you cannot go wrong with either. If you have a bike that is modded more than the main 3 then I would say go with haulers. If you have just th big three mods the go with sandstars.
I ran gekkos for one day while I was waiting for my sandstars to come in and it was not much better than just running dirt tires.
Just my opinion but I have ran all three. Good luck.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh sweet for that i will stay clear of geckos but what about the other style listed i was looking on rockymountainatv and they seemed well priced so i would like to get something from them if possible

Ben

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the other thing to remember is i dont take my bike off the trailer in the dunes i ride down a hard track to the beach and follow that down to the dunes so something like the sand stars dont seem to offer as much support as the aerospeed ones seem to, any thoughts on this, i know it will most likley chop out any paddle but i would be taking it easy on these tracks

Ben

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i have the ams sidewinders,20x11x 9 , i had bought itp sandstars cuz i thought we had 10 inch rims, well last minute i bought the ams's for like 80bucks mounted and they did pretty good, i would of liked to try the sandstars but i sold them to a friend...
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do

·
Registered
497 Posts
YellowistheFastest said:
DONT GET Gekkos!! Unless you have ridden sandstars and or haulers and like gekkos better for some reason. For the all out best traction go with the haulers. They are great for straight line as well as general riding. I acutally run sandstars. They are still very good in straight line (not as good as haulers) but give you a little more abiltiy to slide the back end around on dune faces. For me the fit my riding style and the style that me and my buddies ride. In my opinioin you cannot go wrong with either. If you have a bike that is modded more than the main 3 then I would say go with haulers. If you have just th big three mods the go with sandstars.
I ran gekkos for one day while I was waiting for my sandstars to come in and it was not much better than just running dirt tires.
Just my opinion but I have ran all three. Good luck.
The haulers do just that, haul. After reading that you will be riding on hard surface to get to the dunes, i say you're still safe with the Sand Stars. Hard surface is not good for any paddle but the v shape design makes it smoother on hard pack ground.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have Aerospeeds. Worked great I let more experienced dune riders ride it up all the hills and they said that they work every bit as good as sand stars. I went up all the hills everyone else went up and one two guys in our group couldn’t with sand stars….they go to the coast all the time. The front diamond tracks carve. About 1lb. more than sand stars each….

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
ChiknNutz said:
I have the AMS Aerospeed tires, but I've not used them yet :-( Some said that they thought they were too heavy, others said they'd probably do fine. I dunno, got 'em as a gift and I think they look cool too!!!

I've heard that the Gecko's kinda suck.
Thanks Bro. I kinda wish I woulda got the Areos, cheaper than Gekkoes but my buddy runs them and I do think they are better. I bought ITP T9's same size as stock and my tires actually hold air :lol:. Not sure why someone thought they wouldn't but they do!! :grin_nod:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.