Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been trying to get my engine to line up with all the holes and i am having a ton of problems getting it in. i have the top bolt in and the bottom but thats it. all the other ones dont line up. and no matter how much i shimmy the enigne it will not go in. Any suggestions????????

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I put the engine in frame lined up the rear mount first just slid bolt thru that holds swinger on. Then I did the lower then upper one don't tighten em until all are in. Then tighten em. A big ass pry bar helps to move the engine up,down,back,and forth.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep, slide the punch in and use its leverage to align the holes.

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
Definately do the upper mount last. and if you are using that thicker copper headgasket, you may need to open the mount holes a touch to get a smooth alignment.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Definately do the upper mount last. and if you are using that thicker copper headgasket, you may need to open the mount holes a touch to get a smooth alignment.
Plus one on bigger head gasket.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Or a punch....
+ 1 on the punch like a long tapered one, I used to construct metal buildings and that tool could pull a 75 foot building perlin so the bolt holes would line up!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know what happened, this will be the 3rd time im putting the engine back in the bike by myself. the first time that i put it back in after it came back from kenz it was a piece of cake. the second time it was a pain in the ass to get the last piece which was the top mount. but now its like i can only get 2 at a time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.