Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need somebody to do a paint job on some new plastic and what I want is going to be intricate so I need somebody with a lot of skill and experience. Who do we have around here? Or is this something a local paint and body guy can do? I don't know anything about paint for plastic so any help you guys can give would be great.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Any good body shop should be able to do it. They just have to prep it good and add some flex additive to it. Lots of thin coats with some good coats of clear. Just talk to them. Tell them what you want done and all and see what they say.

·
Registered
868 Posts
What part of Wyoming do you live in? I had JK Customs in Meriden, WY do my paint and they do an amazing job! I think he goes by 07SERaptor on here.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
That's a nice paint job sandrap!! How much did it set you back?
Also there is a new paint out if you want a solid color. It's called Krylon fusion for plastics. It comes in a rattlecan, and you can get it at any fred meyers or most hardware stores for 5 bucks a can. Don't let the rattlecan fool you, you can do an amazing job with a few light coats!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well to cut, bondo (fill), wet sand and other sanding, primer, paint, and clear coat. Who knows what else they do for prep. I can't remember how much exactly but $200 or so. I was impresses at how well jerread was able to blend the colors so well.

I'm getting mine stripped and repainted since the paint job was trashed when the guy rolled it while I was in WA.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll look into that. It looks like they be able to do the scheme I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts