Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some of yall have different colored grill/radiator covers on your raptors, did you sand off all the original paint then put on new, my dad thought he would be a hot dog on my rapt from his old dirt bike days and he scraped up my radiator cover

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
the actual grill i wouldn't honestly worry to much about as there isn't much flexing that goes on there.. I used krylon fusion though as well.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Machy said:
I have seen some of yall have different colored grill/radiator covers on your raptors, did you sand off all the original paint then put on new, my dad thought he would be a hot dog on my rapt from his old dirt bike days and he scraped up my radiator cover
scuff it with a scotch brite pad, just knock the shine off it, use a poly based paint ,color of choice and used binder in the primer,paint and clear,it's what we used when we paint plastic (abs ) bumpers on newer cars. it won't crack unless you really flip and hit it really hard.and if you do, just scuff and reshoot it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'll just rub it with something frictiony and try the krylone paint (black) if worse comes to worse I'll get a new one from dealer

·
Registered
623 Posts
scuffed mine with a brillow pad, cleaned it off, and sprayed. used the fusion paint also, in black. havent had any problems, i also bought some cheap spray clear coat too.

isnt perfect, but unless your within 1 foot of the grill its not noticable. i spent under an hour on it.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Machy said:
I think I'll just rub it with something frictiony and try the krylone paint (black) if worse comes to worse I'll get a new one from dealer
yeah, you shouldn't have a problem at all, honestly, just get a scotch brite pad from like walmart or even the dollar store and you should be set :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Does that krylon fusion have any shine to it or is it dull?

·
Registered
594 Posts
:mad: My grill was painted when the natives up here stole my raptor them fuckers! man i was so pissed. they took the shock covers...all my decals...scratched the fuck out of it PAINTED the Grill with Yellow spray paint and bent my bars..... I even found out who stole it and told the cops 3 months later they take a statement from a friend...and they' re not even doing anything about it..even worst they took a thumb print off the throttlle.... Its B.S!!!!! But im just glad i got it back...and i even had to do that my self with out the cops :eek:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
wild_B said:
:mad: My grill was painted when the natives up here stole my raptor them fuckers! man i was so pissed. they took the shock covers...all my decals...scratched the fuck out of it PAINTED the Grill with Yellow spray paint and bent my bars..... I even found out who stole it and told the cops 3 months later they take a statement from a friend...and they' re not even doing anything about it..even worst they took a thumb print off the throttlle.... Its B.S!!!!! But im just glad i got it back...and i even had to do that my self with out the cops :eek:
sounds like someone is gonna get curbed!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my dad had 2 ranchers and one got stolen one night, he owns a warehouse buisness. Anyways he found the guy that did it later in the warehouse again, he drew his pistol on him, backed him up to the docking door (for the semi trailors) then picked him up and threw him about 7 feet down right on his head. Of course he was black........... thats memphis, TN for ya(2nd highest crime city nation wide) You should here the story about another black that was trying to steal toilet paper, he thought he was stealing something nice and big in a brown box when he opened it, it was a bunch of TP, then he got his azz kicked

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ridin700inAZ said:
Sweet looking quad. ;)
Thanks! Im loving it, pulls sooo much harder then the 660. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sounds like an idea i might have 2 take up sometime.......either Red or White though for mine

·
Registered
594 Posts
loose nutz said:
wild_B said:
sounds like someone is gonna get curbed!!!
One i get my hands on him hes going to get more then curbed.... its retarded here....They get everything handed to them on a silver plater and they still want more and more.

·
Registered
154 Posts
281pony said:
heres a pic

I love the grey plastic that is the second one I have seen. I want to put grey on mine with the red frame

1 - 20 of 27 Posts