Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nothing Worth Having Is Easy To Get
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past few weeks I've been working on my Raptor with adding a CFM Lowering Kit and painting my A-Arms OEM red to match my frame instead of the silver paint that was chipping and peeling.

I needed a new right upper cause the one I had was cracked and bent to hell so I bought a good used one off of ebay for $75, so I sanded all of them down and primered and painted and clear coated them up.

I also added the CFM Lowering Kit, my cousins put of it all together this morning.

I could go on and on about it but that's pretty much summed up what I did. I have some GYTR A-Arm skid plates coming in along with GYTR side frame guards, and I am adding YFZ450 shocks at the end of the month.

So here are pics of the finished project!

just thought I would share. take it easy guys! :thumbsup:

·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bro! haha i don't want to go too crazy on the red. i am trying to keep my theme mostly red and polished/chrome. thinkin about getting my headpipe all the way back to the exhaust all chrome or polished. what do ya think? should that be powdercoated ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
powder it for sure. I've been kicking around the idea of powder coating my 700's frame yama blue and then powder coating the entire engine and exhaust black...I think it would look mrean.

The grab bar, nerfs, and the bumper in red would look sick on yours!

·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow yeah that would be pretty sweet on your raptor! blue and black.

yeah i'm gonna give my local powder coating shop a call tomorrow and see how much he would want for powder coating my header polished/chrome.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Wow, looks great man, have you ridden on that CFM kit yet? As far as your exhaust goes, is it better to powder it or ceramic? I don't know, I just have heard some people say ceramic is the way to go. They are the ones with money though I'm sure lol. Gotta say, I like the front bumper the way it is though, I think going red would be too over the top, JMHO.

·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thanks man! No I have not ridden with it yet, I am waiting on some small parts still, I need to run up to my dealer and grab cotter pins, washers, and a brake line bolt, (lost it during the tear down lol ) so I don't have any front brakes right now so stuff isnt 100 percent put together. By the end of this week though it should be ride-able, however I don't want to ride it this winter because I spent a lot of time in early november going over everything and waxing it, I have my dads King Quad 700 utility if I want to ride in the winter, so I am going to hold of riding until spring with the raptor.

Yeah I read that guys said ceramic coating is the way to go, however I am 16 and i'm not paying $250+ to have my head pipe shiny. lol.

I like the front bumper the way it is as well, like I said before I like the red/chrome and polished theme. It's a nice balance between the two.

·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, I bought the front kit and the adjustable kit for the rear. they make a fixed rear, but I like the adjustable, you can adjust the ride height with a 3/4" wrench with it on the quad. so in seconds you can adjust your rear height. the lowering kit pretty much replaces the whole link, it has a grease fitting in it and everything.

As far as the Razr 2's I love them. They are super smooth, and they wear great! I ride with 2 guys in my group that have Holeshots, I have nothing against them, they do great, it just seems like they don't wear as good as the Razr's do. I have 2 seasons on my Razr 2's and they look new.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Can you take a picture of your rear lowering link when you get a minute? I'm curious myself. Thanks!

·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here it is, hopefully this pic does it justice.

the black arrow is pointing towards the 3/4" nut that you turn to raise and lower it. then after you have your desired height, you insert a small allan head set screw on the side of the nut to lock it in place.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Thanks, looks good, I'll have to consider that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts