Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to salvage my plastics by chopping about 4 inches of all the fenders, sand the crap out of them with 400&800 grit wetsand paper and painted them...so what do you guys think?...My frame is getting powder coated metallic yellow right now. Should go with the theme.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sanded the crap out of them...my arm is sore :'(
I got them good and smooth, with 400 & 800, (few spots with 1500) wet grit sand paper...
They aren't as vibrant as thery look, just alot of light.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
rt said:
sanded the crap out of them...my arm is sore :'(
I got them good and smooth, with 400 & 800, (few spots with 1500) wet grit sand paper...
They aren't as vibrant as thery look, just alot of light.
LOL!

I think whenever I get to taking my raptor apart when I build the motor next winter I'll be powdercoating the frame blue and getting black plastics. 8)

·
Registered
350 Posts
what kind of paint did you use RT? I was planning on doing this to mine this coming weekend and was going to use fusion and paint them a little custom color...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hole is cut for radiator cap, and the three little holes for the temp, oil, neutral light. works good.
I think its that fusion paint, not sure, I had a buddy mix it up for me..He added a few bonding agents to help it "stick" to the plastic. We'll see how good it holds up. Like I said, if it don't ..new plastics

Papa smurf! I see how you guys are....At least I wasn't called smurfet! :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think the colors are awesome! But I'm a Wolverines fan. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
raptormich said:
I think the colors are awesome! But I'm a Wolverines fan. :thumbsup:
I like ohio state and michigan,...after the spank'n they (ohio state) got in the championship game, I'm afraid to admit that I'm a fan... :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.