Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to salvage my plastics by chopping about 4 inches of all the fenders, sand the crap out of them with 400&800 grit wetsand paper and painted them...so what do you guys think?...My frame is getting powder coated metallic yellow right now. Should go with the theme.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sanded the crap out of them...my arm is sore :'(
I got them good and smooth, with 400 & 800, (few spots with 1500) wet grit sand paper...
They aren't as vibrant as thery look, just alot of light.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
rt said:
sanded the crap out of them...my arm is sore :'(
I got them good and smooth, with 400 & 800, (few spots with 1500) wet grit sand paper...
They aren't as vibrant as thery look, just alot of light.
LOL!

I think whenever I get to taking my raptor apart when I build the motor next winter I'll be powdercoating the frame blue and getting black plastics. 8)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it'll do the job! If not-new plastics :unsure:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Blue and Yellow, can we call you papa smurf?

Just kidding, couldn't past that one up. Really really sorry.

It looks good, but what do you have cut into the hood? Switches, lights and a speedo?

·
Registered
350 Posts
what kind of paint did you use RT? I was planning on doing this to mine this coming weekend and was going to use fusion and paint them a little custom color...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hole is cut for radiator cap, and the three little holes for the temp, oil, neutral light. works good.
I think its that fusion paint, not sure, I had a buddy mix it up for me..He added a few bonding agents to help it "stick" to the plastic. We'll see how good it holds up. Like I said, if it don't ..new plastics

Papa smurf! I see how you guys are....At least I wasn't called smurfet! :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think the colors are awesome! But I'm a Wolverines fan. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
raptormich said:
I like ohio state and michigan,...after the spank'n they (ohio state) got in the championship game, I'm afraid to admit that I'm a fan... :lol:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
rt said:
raptormich said:
I like ohio state and michigan,...after the spank'n they (ohio state) got in the championship game, I'm afraid to admit that I'm a fan... :lol:
I would be too, that was an azz whippin of Biblical proportions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts