Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody ever painted plastic on a raptor because i found this site and was thinking about painting the plastic on my raptor is it a good deal or not

alsacorp.com

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
There are a few that have done it with some success but for most it turns out bad. You really need to know what your doing and even then its hard to get it to hold up. If your a trail rider its probally impossible to get it to hold up. There are a couple guys with shaved fenders and good prep work that run dunes that got a nice turn out but not sure how it has lasted for them. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
bberck said:
There are a few that have done it with some success but for most it turns out bad. You really need to know what your doing and even then its hard to get it to hold up. If your a trail rider its probally impossible to get it to hold up. There are a couple guys with shaved fenders and good prep work that run dunes that got a nice turn out but not sure how it has lasted for them. :thumbsup:

It holds up pretty good on a Duner untill you crash it or run thru the trees coming up out of an idiot hole ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think i replied to this on ATV connection, but I would vinyl wrap them if I were you. Looks as good as paint, and holds up really good. If you want more info PM me, I will get you hooked up. I just got a tank and rad cover done for my banshee.

·
Registered
113 Posts
my son painted my 05 660, that I gave to him, looked desent for about 3 days (because it sat in the garage) he nosed it up in his buddies truck and a little gas ran from his breather off the gas tank and peeled the paint away along the tank then after the first encounter with brush it scratched the paint along the fenders. My .02 don't paint.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Did he clear it? If you use a good clear gas wont hurt it. If you have race cuts, paint it, no flex it will work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
honestly with all the time he spent preping it and what it looked like after the first ride my opinion is he should of spent 500.00 on new plastics and not wasted his time, but it's his bike now he can do what he likes.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I had a talk with the painter at work here the other day and he said there's nothing to painting plastics as long as you use an adhesion inhibitor first!! They do alot of equipment painting here and use it all the time!!!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
With the adhesion inhibitor you can bend the ever living hell out of it and no lifting!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Adhesion promoter not inhibitor. A company calles Spies-Heckler (sp) makes the best product for prepping the plastic. I did mine myself.

·
Registered
519 Posts
got mine done in december and touch wood everything is a ok :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
shotcaller said:
Adhesion promoter not inhibitor. A company calles Spies-Heckler (sp) makes the best product for prepping the plastic. I did mine myself.

Damn I love that bike!! When we going to see a pic with the motor in it????

·
Registered
113 Posts
landshark55 said:
krylon fusion works great, and no prep. Well I wipped down the plastics with a good cleaner.
Krylon fusion is what he used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts