Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals

I'm wanting to black out my rappy. I currently have the white and blue seII plastics but want most of it black but want to do something neat with the blue hood and gas topper.

Would I be better of buying a new set of plastics or having someplace painting. Any recommendation of a place to make plastics look new?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I tried to paint my tank cover black with rustoleum, it held up for a few rides, but it chipped with the mud and rocks hitting it. I also blew half of it away with a pressure washer. If you're riding dunes or something you can probably get away with it. They make spray cans specifically for plastic. You're going to have to watch for those wear points too, like behind your legs, you'll go right through it. Best bet is to buy new ones, unless there is something out there that actually works and will hold up. I like that blue white combo, especially with the blue frame, KEEP IT!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
rappy se, i would highly recommend u take those plastics hood and topper and sell them. those are rare plastics and i would not paint them if not ill trade ya plastics for plastics..i just bought mine 2 weeks ago. still not a scratch on them.

go to tqsatv.com

heres the link:

http://tqsatv.com/products.php?cat=Plastics

get the black hood and tank topper looks sick with the black top seat.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What color are your plastics? I am in ceartian about blacking out the hood and topper. I wonder how it would look with all black plastics

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Mine are the same as yours. The hood and topper is all I would really want. PM me a price for those two please.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if I want to get rid of those. Lol tresspasser what color are yours?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would he want to trade then

·
Registered
332 Posts
if you take your time and do a really good job it might hold up for awhile. just save the time and headache and buy new ones.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that will be the route I go

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had a grey hood, and painted it black. I sanded it lightly with 220. (100 to get ride of some heavy scratched areas from the previous owner.) Wiped it down with Methyl Ethyl Keytone, and painted it with a plastic paint from krylon. once it dried, i lite sanded that with 220, and did a final coat. Came out great, and is holding up nice. If you flex the plastic to much it will want to crack on you. I just bought a black gas tank cover off ebay. That plastic is harder to paint, and if you spill gas the paint will peal anyway.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts