Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the hell does the pant size thing work? I have a 40" waist and 36-38" inseam. What riding pants number do I need?

·
Registered
22 Posts
usually the manufacture has a cross refrence on their website. The on,y problem is they dont offer different lengths. I bought a 36 and they are about a foot to long.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it just me or is the whole sizing thing lacking when it comes to riding gear?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I myself do not like the type of pants that tuck into your boot, I like the baggies!

I have found out that if you buy "Paint Ball Pants" which are pretty much the same thing as baggy riding pants, you can get 1-2 more pairs of them over a pair of actual riding baggies!

Just thought you would like to know this before you went and bought some!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha,ha,ha. I was just looking at paintball pants the other day. Most seem to have padded knees - which is my primary concern, for when I come around a turn and am stopped by a stump.
Paintball jerseys look to be padded too. On a quad that padding could probably serve as a roost protector.
Great idea! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
lol Baggy riding pants didnt even exist when i first started riding. Now they are everywhere. I can't stand baggy pants, they just look stupid on me i think.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I have some Shift pants, I guess they are the "baggies" but they ain't real baggy. They're sweet, they have zippered pockets so I can bring my smokes and phone, and keys. My Thor pants are the boot cut type and look gay if you don't wear your boots. The only downfall I've found with sizing is the width... I'm a 32 and my pants are tight as hell. They have straps on the sides that work like a belt... next time around they'll be nice and loose so I can tighten as needed. Everytime I do a holeshot I tighten my gut and the buttons pop! No belt loops either, I'll prolly end up cuttin slits so I can actually utilise the straps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
521 Posts
the buttons pop
Well if you wern't such a fat ass, you wouldn't have that problem. I mean you were horrible at the ride, when you turned sideways you disappeared. :joke: :lol:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I guess jealousy comes in all pant sizes. :lol: :grin_nod: :p BTW sorry bro, I sold the Gekkos. :(

·
Registered
521 Posts
Dang!!! Oh well. The guy who sold me mine is going to get me a set of 10 paddle haulers to try for the next trip :thumbsup: And what do you mean jealous, just because 6 months after I'm dead and decayed I'll still outweigh you by like 40lb's. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I'll be your huckleberry... just ordered haulers myself. 21x12x8 with 8 paddles. BTW I keep the bulk of my weight in my 32 pants. :p

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow. I started this thread a loooong time ago.

I've since bought riding pants. Here's the answer to my question:

The number is the measurement of the waist. You're pretty much at the mercy of the brand manufacturer as far as the length.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts