Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to remove parking brake on a 04 Raptor 660? What to do with electrical and will it effect how it runs 馃槉

Master of the Electron
Unplug the PB switch (green/yellow wire plugged into black wire up behind the left headlight),... Tape or silicone the G/Y wire's connector to keep it dry else the PB RPM limiter can come on if it gets wet. That's it from the electrical side.

Master of the Electron
Light still works as this has nothing to do with reverse, the reverse light or the reverse RPM limiter... this is for the parking brake only.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Write on I ordered the brake block off come Tuesday I'll bang it out than what about the clutch lever wire? I want to buy new levers brake and clutch ? I owe you a18 pack man 馃

Master of the Electron
The clutch lever switch is a safety so you can't try to start in gear without clutch pulled

If you want to be able to start in gear WITHOUT a clutch switch just unplug the clutch switch wires (a pair of blacks) from the harness wires. (black/yellow stripe and black) and plug the harness pair ( black/yellow stripe and black) together...

Now you can start in any gear, even without pulling the clutch lever, so be careful!!!

I owe you a18 pack man 馃
Catch up with me at Ocotillo Wells - I've got property and spend a lot of time there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unplug the PB switch (green/yellow wire plugged into black wire up behind the left headlight),... Tape or silicone the G/Y wire's connector to keep it dry else the PB RPM limiter can come on if it gets wet. That's it from the electrical side.
Does it have to be silicone or what a latex calking work

Master of the Electron
just keep water and dirt out of the open connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts