Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to do away with my parking break but someone has told me if i buy an after market clutch and all that then i would only be abile to start in N. is this true? and how can you get rid of that? i would really like to get an aftermarket clutch the stock one is to much for me i just want a lever.. lol

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Not that I know of. It must be different on the 660's. I have no idea how the parking brake has to do with the clutch.

·
Master of the Electron
15,031 Posts
Why is your clutch 'too much for you' and how will an aftermarket clutch lever change this?

The stock clutch perch has two switches in it - one is the parking brake switch - just unplug the switch and you will have no issues (you should seal the green/yellow pin on the connector with silicone or something to prevent future water incursion problems).

The other switch is the clutch switch which has two wires (black/yellow and black) going down to two bullet connectors at the harness. If you're going to eliminate it you have a choice - only start in neutral, or connect the harness bullet connectors together and the start button will work at all times - neutral, or IN gear, even without the clutch pulled - this can be a bit dangerous cuz it will cause the bike to lurch forward if you don't pull the clutch when starting in gear, but it's up to you.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thank you, and i ment the whole clutch assembly the stock one just looks bulky and has to much unessisary stuff on it. The safey that goes to the back brake is just a pain when i turn the cable gets pulled thus makeing me sputter out and die. :(. And after i take all that off with a block off plate it just doesnt look right. to me simple is the way to go just have a lever with nothing else then you have nothing else to worry about. :) lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts