Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, im new to the quad seen. i just bought a 03 660 and the parking brake is broken. i wanted to put a block off plate like on my buddys yfz, can take the mechanism off and reuse the clutch and perch like we did on his. im finally getting everything running tip top, just did the clutch and the starter clutch. any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
does anybodys parking brake actually work? on my two quads they never did

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
FastFirstGen said:
does anybodys parking brake actually work? on my two quads they never did
My Father's 02 660 had a working parking brake...bike got wrecked and was sold.

Uncle's 02 660 had a working parking brake, worked for close to 3 years but low hours.

Parking brake on my 03 660 was kicking in the limiter within the first month.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Just tighten the bolt down on the caliper and mine works fine now :)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
im with 03....i just ordered my lsr blockoff yesterday....cant wait to take the brake off

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
im gonna do that when I get enough money for new perch :)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
you dont need a new perch tho right? it just makes it look better right

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
gets rid of all the crap >.>, but yea its pretty much just for looks, lol

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
cool yeah the damn adjuster keeps rubbing more and more of the paint of my swinger....
as for your question 03limited.....i paid 12 bucks for my block off which is about standard....pro armor is the most expensive i think at 19 bucks.....and perchs and levers can be anywhere from like 30 bucks up to 100 or so i believe.....if im wrong someone will chime in and let you know

oh yeah those above prices are without shipping....if i were you make sure you have something else to order at the same time as the block off cuz theyll charge about half of what it cost just to ship it

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.