Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldnt it to be interesting to see a map shootout with 3 mods (lte) same bike,same day,same dyno , pc 046 vs randys vs mine( ;)) vs fuelmoto or?.. then some nice graphs on the forum .. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Problem with that is my map was specifically tuned for my bike and that set up no longer exists. Of the people that are running my old map, it's too rich for some and to lean for others while it was spot on perfect for my machine.

I'll gladly go up against any other N/A 700R of any stroke /bore config with my Kenz 780 stroker though, I'd like to see how my new build and map stacks up ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Problem with that is my map was specifically tuned for my bike and that set up no longer exists. Of the people that are running my old map, it's too rich for some and to lean for others while it was spot on perfect for my machine.

I'll gladly go up against any other N/A 700R of any stroke /bore config with my Kenz 780 stroker though, I'd like to see how my new build and map stacks up ;)
something just dawned on me. IF people are running the EXACT setup as you, there really shouldnt be any difference....doesnt matter where the heck you live? You have the correct A/F for those mods and machine....it should be interchangable between machines with the exact same setup with hardly ANY difference!!
I dont get how some are saying its running rich or lean UNLESS they dont have the EXACT same setup. There cant be that much diff is machines.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Boom, if there is one thing I haved learned in all the years I have been playing with Hot rods, Winged sprints, Karts, fast Bikes and quads it's this, you can build or buy 5 identical motors and one of them will run better than all the rest. Even thought you may have the same exact set up doesn't mean it will run the same, some run harder some are pooches. Case in point, a buddy in BC has a 700R with the identical set up I had, with my map he made 3 RWHP less on the same dyno, with some tuning he got to within 2 RWHP but was still down 4 ft lbs of TQ. Identical set up as mine I have raced a couple 700R's with identical mods that were also running my map at the dunes and they were lighter than me and I still pulled them by a couple bikes up the hill. Can't explain it, it is what it is ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
some of that could be attributed to break in procedure too......

I know what your talking about, totally.....I just cant believe that there is THAT much of a diff that your map can run so many different ways with the EXACT same setup. I have heard and witnessed on my yfz motor (but not seen the 700's) that the tolerances anymore with porting and all engine work is near identical from these newer bikes from the factory. We all have the same exact equipment. Could there be small differences...yep, but it should be such a small diff anymore, that you couldnt feel it.
NOW, break in...YEAH, you can loose a couple hp by breaking it in differently...(or according to the manual). I have always broke mine in the "hard" way with great success. My yfz was a LOT stronger than my buddies when we had stock motors and the same amount of mods.
.......I just dont see it, maybe I am wrong...but I have a real hard time believing "joe" over here runs your map and runs lean...."Randy" runs this map and is perfect, and then "bob" runs this map and is rich.
I bet if you dynoed 10x 700 raptors that were BONE STOCK, straight from the factory, and broke them in ALL THE SAME EXACT WAY that there wouldnt be an "accurately measurable" difference between them.......

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
randys map is custom made for HIS bike on a dyno and as proved performed very well -yes ... but in my bike it was way lean 5000 rpm up .. from 13,5 at 4000 to almost 15:1 at 8-9000 - i dont know why it can be such a big diff .. but i had to made a new map for my bike with randys as a starting point and it made a huge diff especially at higher rpm 5000-9000 .. increased my topspeed 10 mph also .. ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
iroc said:
randys map is custom made for HIS bike on a dyno and as proved performed very well -yes ... but in my bike it was way lean 5000 rpm up .. from 13,5 at 4000 to almost 15:1 at 8-9000 - i dont know why it can be such a big diff .. but i had to made a new map for my bike with randys as a starting point and it made a huge diff especially at higher rpm 5000-9000 .. increased my topspeed 10 mph also .. ;)
Maybe its cause your from Sweden :eek: ;) Just kiddin Iroc!

last I checked Randy's map was for the 3 mods, to include the GYTR intake, LTE duals, and PCIII.

....NOT a JE 11.1 comp piston, Ported head and proflow intake! It would be NO WONDER that his map didnt do so well with your setup!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
boom- it was before my porting and piston ,only diff was that i had kn/proflow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.