Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 raptor 700 se 734 trinity big bore ,intake ,stage 3 hc i had it dyno'd about 6 monthes ago. My battery died . Now my question is do i loose the map i had ?? And will it hurt it if i run it before i tune(download again) it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
you mean the 9v battery adapter? or the battery on the quad died? ether way should still be on there. Lots of people put maps on before they ship them and there is no power to them unless bike is running or you have the 9v plugged in.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
They store maps like a thumb drive on a computer stores data. Once it's there, it doesn't take power to keep it. It's just written on to its memory until changed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the battery on the quad and the guy who checked it told me that i had to reload the map . He also mentioned somthing about that 9v adapter.what is that used for ?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Actually the battery on the quad and the guy who checked it told me that i had to reload the map . He also mentioned somthing about that 9v adapter.what is that used for ?
9v is so you can adjust your pc3 with out starting the bike. If your not sure you can always plug your laptop in and check only takes a second.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts