Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just wanted to get yalls opinion on this. i have stock exhaust and stock intake however the spark arrestor and baffle (have been removed). Given this info would a pc5 do anything for my bike as it is now? Eventually i want to do a monster intake and the dmc force 4 duals but.... i cant really do all that right now so i thought i would do it in phases. Any thoughts or comments?
Thank you in advance...

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Having the baffle out is going to give you a little more airflow and sound, not a big gain on power, don't confuse a louder exhaust with power. These quads come a little lean already so your leaner with the baffle out, a pc5 will do the same thing any other fuel controller would do which is richen you up more and of course allow for a better tune in the full rpm range instead of the 3 areas regular controllers do, you won't see a noticable power gain until you compliment it with an aftermarket intake and full exhaust, slip-ons are a waste of $ when you can have the real thing for just a little more. For now I would add a PCIII or PC5 to get your bike running richer so you don't run it lean any longer. If you don't plan on running an autotune or get an exhaust that fits an 02 sensor...I wouldn't waste the $ on a pc5. A pciii is all you would need. Good Luck ;)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When u say exhaust with an o2 sensor what do u mean by that? The only reason I was looking at the pc5 is that it's a plug and play, smaller unit and it's about the same price. What does the auto tune do?

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
When u say exhaust with an o2 sensor what do u mean by that? The only reason I was looking at the pc5 is that it's a plug and play, smaller unit and it's about the same price. What does the auto tune do?
When you have a pc5, it can have an autotune attached to it, meaning it has a wire with an oxygen sensor that leads to the header pipe to measure the air/fuel ratio after it has been combusted, the autotune then adjusts how much fuel your engine gets to give you the best power and smoothest operation. PCIII and PC5 you run preset maps, but a pc5 with an autotune will always adjust to outside temp, fuel, etc.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
But the auto tune is a tune that is safe for operation, not optimal performance...:thumbsup: And you have to accept the changes through your laptop, so its not truely automatic.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
YUP! Thats what I'm running...And its all plug and play, but there are PCIII's that you have to splice into so make sure you get a PCIII that is plug and play

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you're planning on getting an intake and exhaust you will have to get a PCIII or PC5 anyway so you might as well start with it. I got my PC5 new cheaper than a PCIII. If you buy from www.fuelmoto.com it will come pre-programed with the map you need and they will send you new maps if you make future mods, that way you don't have to hunt for them...just hang on to your receipt.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would personally wait to get the money to buy the entire BIG 3... I know it's hard to wait, but don't do like I did, buy a cheap slip-on...I'm 999% sure you will regret it, cause man when you start modding those beast, you just can't stop! So yeah it will not hurt your bike, but don't do more, because IMO running lean is way worst than running rich. Just wait and get a BIG 3 Duals if your a true raptor 700 guy! ( I'm not dissin on people who have singles XD)

P.S : If you want to get a Power Commander, just get the PC5, it's the smaller version of the PC3, but you can't un-plug it and bring it in your house. There's no more 9volt adaptor.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would personally wait to get the money to buy the entire BIG 3... I know it's hard to wait, but don't do like I did, buy a cheap slip-on...I'm 999% sure you will regret it, cause man when you start modding those beast, you just can't stop! So yeah it will not hurt your bike, but don't do more, because IMO running lean is way worst than running rich. Just wait and get a BIG 3 Duals if your a true raptor 700 guy! ( I'm not dissin on people who have singles XD)

P.S : If you want to get a Power Commander, just get the PC5, it's the smaller version of the PC3, but you can't un-plug it and bring it in your house. There's no more 9volt adaptor.
what do you mean that you can't unplug it and bring it into my house? and theres isnt a 9volt adaptor?? confused on what that means.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one other question what map will i need to run this small mod of no sparky or baffle to make my bike run better?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Dynojet has some maps available on their website for stock bikes with the baffle removed.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
PC5 was my very first mod. I wasn't going to take any chances of running to lean. I had my baffle removed, and airbox lid off. You can just download the entire list of maps from the DynoJet site as Mad Dog stated, and it says what maps to use with what mods.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
fuel controller should be your first mod.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I just bought the pc5 and the trail tech striker from tqs!! Thanks everybody for ur comments!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I also got the pc5 with muffler insert taken out from fuelmoto.com

you will feel a difference even tho u have stock exhaust. U do need fuel controller to change exhaust anyways. Not everyone can afford a full system so a slip-on will still work and u will feel a difference u can later down the road add the headers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
what do you mean that you can't unplug it and bring it into my house? and theres isnt a 9volt adaptor?? confused on what that means.
I meant that if you want to get a new map on the PC5 you CAN unplug it all (just take it off the bike) but It would take like 30-35 mins just to do it. So to get a new map you have to get a LONG USB cable to plug the PC5 in your computer to send the map into it.

For the 9v adaptor it's only for the PC3... If you wanted to send a map in it while not being plug in the bike, you had to put an adaptor to power up the PC3...

They both are great products but why buy the PC3 when the PC5 is smaller, when it doesn't require an adaptor and when it is the SAME price or even cheaper... :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts