Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i had barkers installed last fall by a power sports place where i live. there isnt alot of options in my town. it all seemed ok til the other day when my Rappy wouldnt start. the power sports place is weeks behind so i took it to the dealership, the told me the PC5 is running too rich and fouling my plugs.i 'm not much of brain on this stuff, but i tried to put a map on the quad and im not sure if i got it or what? is there any way to tell if i put the map on correctly, or what else i should do? i've gone through 2 plugs in a week. Any help would be huge!!?????????:(

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Best way is to get it dynoed.... but when yoiu plug the pcv into your comp it should show you the name of the map you have on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is no where in my town that does dynos'!:(

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
How about trying the autotune option? not as good but might get ya going for now

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was thinking about the auto tune,, but dont you have to drill a hole for the sensor? any threads on here about auto tune?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
yeah you need to install a O2 sensor in the exhuast

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Hey all, i had barkers installed last fall by a power sports place where i live. there isnt alot of options in my town. it all seemed ok til the other day when my Rappy wouldnt start. the power sports place is weeks behind so i took it to the dealership, the told me the PC5 is running too rich and fouling my plugs.i 'm not much of brain on this stuff, but i tried to put a map on the quad and im not sure if i got it or what? is there any way to tell if i put the map on correctly, or what else i should do? i've gone through 2 plugs in a week. Any help would be huge!!?????????:(
Contact DL700 he's got a way better map for ya I bet.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i would do what jaemac said first. if you have a laptop and have the pc5 software installed, use the usb cord and plug the laptop into the pc5 on the quad. a map will come up and there should be a "notes" section at the bottom and see if says anything.

for example, i have a rocket factory map and in my notes section it says something to the effect of "tuned by rocket factory" and below "barker duals, no quiet cores, intake and no lid" or something like that

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gonna look into that first thing. how do i get a hold of DL700?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
After reading stories on autotune I sold mine. I seen sheets from LS where a guy picked up about 5hp on dyno Mike's after doing away with autotune. You gotta ride it all day like you usually ride then come home and accept trims that aren't right in places. It needs more R and D so it can actually tune in real time on trail for the right amount of gas input that'd be awesome expensive and never happening.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would do what jaemac said first. if you have a laptop and have the pc5 software installed, use the usb cord and plug the laptop into the pc5 on the quad. a map will come up and there should be a "notes" section at the bottom and see if says anything.

for example, i have a rocket factory map and in my notes section it says something to the effect of "tuned by rocket factory" and below "barker duals, no quiet cores, intake and no lid" or something like that
i checked out what map is on my PCV and its saying DMC,prodesign????
i loaded a barker map i thought,, is there a big difference??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts