1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok no major mods here but still need to a map for them:
Stock exhaust with sparky and baffle removed
Monster Intake with Uni Foam Filter w/Pro Tec Lid
I did also add a filter to my crank line to filter it better (not sure if that matter prob not but just in case)
Oh and a PC5 too...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Map #3 from the Dynojet PC-5 maps will work fine.
Really? Ok thank you very much. I guess if i could buy that autotuner i wouldn't really need to worry about that would i? Is everything is perfect working condition on it? Would i need to do anything with the maps if i got that and installed it?? Would you do $125 shipped?? Had to ask...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one other question. when i go to download the maps from power commander.com do i tell it i have a raptor 2009 - 2010 to get the pc5 maps? I think if i choose the 2008 it only gives me the pc3 maps.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Correct, to get the PCV maps you need to select 09 or 2010 model.

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
Really? Ok thank you very much. I guess if i could buy that autotuner i wouldn't really need to worry about that would i? Is everything is perfect working condition on it? Would i need to do anything with the maps if i got that and installed it?? Would you do $125 shipped?? Had to ask...
Yes, everything works. Autotune will actually suggest changes to the base map you have installed. You probably wont see a lot of benifits until you have done some more mods. It is pretty complicated for the novice (myself included). Do you have a place to ride near your house with out having to trailer it? That would help the tuning process. Ive got it listed on Ebay now with a Buy it now of $150 + Shipping. I have about 5 days left, but several watchers. If it dosent sell here or on Ebay, by auctions end, Ill take your offer.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, everything works. Autotune will actually suggest changes to the base map you have installed. You probably wont see a lot of benifits until you have done some more mods. It is pretty complicated for the novice (myself included). Do you have a place to ride near your house with out having to trailer it? That would help the tuning process. Ive got it listed on Ebay now with a Buy it now of $150 + Shipping. I have about 5 days left, but several watchers. If it dosent sell here or on Ebay, by auctions end, Ill take your offer.
I have a place pretty close but I do have to trailer it though. Ok let me know. Thanx

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another question related to the pc5 after i hook my laptop up to my pc5 and get the software up when do i start my bike up?

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
another question related to the pc5 after i hook my laptop up to my pc5 and get the software up when do i start my bike up?
Right away, the program will show your RPMs, you can then switch maps. You may even be able to switch maps with out starting you quad.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
after doing a little digging this is the closest map i found
DL700's custom map DMC force 4's trinity intake no lid pcv Unknown elevation
The only differ is that i am running a monster intake with a foam filter will this map work or should i try to find a more specific one that included the monster intake?
I looked a the powercommander website and didn't find anything referring to the dmc force 4's exhaust.

·
Registered
415 Posts
that should be good. but here is a link to a site of pc3 maps. but the pcv software will convert them. http://www.bob2bob.com/

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so i used dl700 map and fired her up. after about 5 minutes the headers 4 inches from the engine got pretty red. Is that normal? Or is it a bad map?

·
Registered
448 Posts
The header pipes will turn red, I thought the same thing after i did mine, but after researching a ton, glowing headers are normal for the raptor 700 running duels

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi sorry if this isn't the right place to post. I'm new to this,
I have a 2006 raptor 700 with dmc megaphone duals w/o spark arrestors, fci intake w/box and a pc5 fuel and ignition,
I'm looking for a map to suit this or at least a base map so I can continue riding until I find a dyno,
thanks in advance for any help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts