Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buying the big 3 dmc force 4 duals pro design k&n and not sure what fuel controller to get,was thinking the dmc would be easier as you can manually adjust the settings?Or is pc5 the way to go?

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
PCV definatly, plus they are coming about with a new version that combines fuel and timing in one controller.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
yes, all you do is download the program from powercommanders website or use the disk included if you buy it new. plug your laptop into your powercommander with a mini usb. open up the map you want then click send. thats it...

there are directions in a PDF you can look at on power commanders website if you want to read into it some more.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
problably DMC, but thats about it.....

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like dobeck style controllers, but everyone is brainwashed into thinking they are junk. Technology used in a dobeck style controller is far more advanced than PC units. Load based technology is the future and as soon as we start including an autotune feature many people are going to be surprised. If you want something that will do timing I would recommend waiting for the new MSD as its software is much more user friendly than the PC3/5 software. I know many will disagree but just my 2 cents.

Here is a bit of info to read about Dobeck controllers...

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/loadbasedtechnology.asp

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
PCV is also coming out with a controller that includes fuel and timing, as well as an optional rev extender. the PC software is extremely easy to use, dont know why you think its not as user friendly.

·
Registered
165 Posts
From a tuner point of view and looking at the time it takes to build a custom map the MSD software is a winner. It will not only save me time, but my customers money.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
If I were building a big 3 bike only and not planning on adding any other mods I would get the DMC EFI if I had the DMC duals. But I can be cheap some times.

It will do the job although not be as precise with the tuning as the PC5. For all around best unit available the PC5 is the winner. Great thing about the PC5 is the availability of maps for so many different setups.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
why build a custom map? why not just use a base map and fine tune?

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
If the new PCV comes out with fuel/ignition and remains the same size there will be no use for the MSD really. Sure its easy having a 10x10 box but its massive compared to the PCV size and everyone already has PCV maps ready to go and to use if they make the switch. I personally run the MSD on my YFZR and its awesome but the size of the thing just sucks. They came out with the raptor 700 MSD too late and now dynojet has caught up on the fuel/ignition all in one in a smaller package.

Too little too late this time MSD

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I like dobeck style controllers, but everyone is brainwashed into thinking they are junk. Technology used in a dobeck style controller is far more advanced than PC units. Load based technology is the future and as soon as we start including an autotune feature many people are going to be surprised. If you want something that will do timing I would recommend waiting for the new MSD as its software is much more user friendly than the PC3/5 software. I know many will disagree but just my 2 cents.

Here is a bit of info to read about Dobeck controllers...

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/loadbasedtechnology.asp

Nate
Alba Racing
Good points Nate. I'm looking forward to the new MSD FI for the Raptor crowd. I've had awesome first hand experience with the MSD installed on my YFZ450. However, like someone else mentioned the MSD is a little awkward in size and they are releasing this one a little late in the game, but due to their customer support and easy interface I think they will have a chance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As far as fuel controllers go the PCV does everything anything else out there does and then some. Better resolution, more options, more maps. The new unit that does fuel and timing will be out by end of the month and this will allow +/- 20 degrees of timing, launch limiter, speed limiter (not really needed on this model) and can extend your rev limit if desired.

As far as other units claiming they are load based you need to ask yourself how they can be load based and not connect to either the TPS or MAP sensor?? Basing load off of duty cycle is not correct.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts