Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys.....bought my raptor a couple years ago. Got trinity racing stage 5 full exhaust, k&n filter without box lid, and a pos computer that came out when the 700 was first introduced. Not sure the brand or anything.....just has 3 or 4 flat head screws on it to adjust it. Noticed the other night my headers were glowing which indicates its too lean so i want to get another computer for it. Which one do yall recommend. Been reading up on the 5th gear mod so ill be doing that tomorrow after work. I tried unplugging it (not sure if it was the right plug) but couldnt really tell a difference. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have the pc5 and ot a single complaint. Software runs perfect in win7 on my notebook and I had no problem finding a dyno tuner that tuned PC5s.

As for the glowing pipes, is that a duel system? If so glowing the first few inches on the head pipe is normal. Mine does it with my barkers and I'm tuned for my setup correctly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MSD all the way!

PC5 u still can't remove 5th gear limiter
Dyna damn junk quality

Man a buddy of mine said to go with the msd and wished he would've instead of the pc5. You runnin one? Will it do all the same but more or what? I just did the 5th gear mod on mine (grounding the blue wire). Rode it about 20 minutes, no check engine light but never had enough room to get it in 5th and see if it changed anything.

·
Registered
147 Posts
was it just sitting in one place? just because there glowing doesnt mean its running lean. if its just sitting there idling for minutes on end, they will glow. the stock ones will glow just sitting there. if you have access to a dyno thats prob your best bet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts